SeaDream I Cruise Review by Mike Pavlick: SeaDream I - Southern Caribbean

SeaDream I - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2005
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: St. Thomas

First of all let me say that my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on SD1. Every aspect of the experience was first rate. This cruise line offers a truly exceptional experience. Secondly, let me add a few specific comments that may help with your cruise booking decision.

SHIP: Beautiful, large enough to offer all the modern amenities and comforts, yet small enough to offer privacy and an air of seclusion if desired. We did observe some guests complaining of sea sickness. However, we were told by several staff members that the sea was unusually rough several nights during our cruise.

FOOD: Variety, presentation, temperature, taste, were all excellent. The restaurant is a five star experience.

CABINS: Surprisingly large, well appointed, beds are extremely comfortable, cabins must be well insulated as we never heard any noise emanating from our neighbors and only rarely from the hallway.

EXCURSIONS: We went on one excursion. A hike up a More mountain in Saba. It was very strenuous. However, the view from the top was worth the effort. If you join this excursion take plenty of water and wear good hiking shoes that can stand a little mud.

ITINERARY: Loved it ... a new port each day! St. Croix was our least favorite. Most guest comments surrounding St. Croix mirrored our thoughts ... seemed a bit seedy and run down. All the other ports were fabulous.

EXERCISE ROOM: Surprisingly large, machines are first class and plentiful with numerous flat screen TVs to watch while working up a sweat. Staff is attentive.

LOUNGES/BARS: The "Top Of The Yacht Bar" is a wonderful place to make new friends and watch the day's port fade in the distance. It is an equally comfortable place to join your new friends for an after dinner drink and enjoy the quiet conversations and ocean breezes. The "Main Salon" was a very popular place for before dinner drinks and the cruise director took the opportunity to provide guests with a brief description of the upcoming day's events. This was very helpful.

SERVICE: Without exception every member of the staff was friendly, prompt and provided top notch service with a smile. We observed more than a few staff members pulling "double duty" to help maintain such a high level of service.

FELLOW PASSENGERS: Generally well traveled, well educated, affluent and interesting. Most passengers seemed to relish the act of traveling with passengers of similar ilk. My wife and I had planned on a quiet vacation for two. We ended up planning joint day time activities and dining most nights with other guests because we were having so much fun with our new friends. (I also observed this trend among other passengers.)

GENERAL COMMENTS: What a superb experience. A most unusual combination of style and class delivered in an unassuming manner. Book your trip now and prepare to spend your cruise being pampered and engaged as never before. Less

Read more SeaDream I cruise reviews >>