Carnival Valor Cruise Review by wdelesky

Member Name: wdelesky
Cruise Date: September 2011
Cabin Category: 6A

Great Cruise!
We had a great cruise overall, with a couple hiccups!

To start off it was me a 35 year old woman,my husband also 35, and 3 kids (16,11,9). We were traveling with family and friends that totaled 13 people. I am normally a very OCD person, i try to relax when on vacation so my husband doesn't kill me. That being said, there was good and bad. Here we go:

We arrived in Miami on Saturday to explore a little, we liked it very much! We ventured to the beach, it was beautiful except for the jellyfish all over, my 11 year old daughter got stung and we were done but we were there for awhile so it was ok. Went to our hotel Holiday Inn at the POM. It was not the cleanest but if I could do it anyone can! I take my own sheets and towels and we only slept there so whatever! We went to Bubba Gump's for dinner and our waiter told us how awesome he was and guess what he wasn't! I waitress and my girlfriend who was with me waitressed for years, he really shouldn't of said that to us LOL! I won't give details cuz we would be here all day, service wasn't great. We walked around Bayside Market and had a great time.

Embarking:

It was very easy, we got there at 10:30 and maybe waited a half hour, we were zone 4. No line when checking. I did notice that people arriving after us had lines, i wouldn't go any later that 10:30 or you will be waiting in lines while people are getting on the boat. We walked around and checked out the boat it was very nice and we liked it. I read alot about the wear and tear but i didn't think it was that bad. Food was really good, our rooms were bigger than we though they would be and our luggage was there right after the muester drill. We were very happy!

Ports:

I could live at Half Moon Cay! It was beautiful, we rented a cabana and would do it again! We were in 13, and it was great we had a whole beach to ourselves! Food was great again! I did gain about 11 pounds, but lost 10 before i went so IM GOOD!

St. Thomas was not my favorite stop at all we went to Coki beach and DO NOT recommend it! The taxi drivers suggested it and right there should of been a clue, the beach was in the middle of not good part of town, they swarmed you to buy stuff, braid hair, drink, and eat! It was annoying, seaweed all over i wouldn't even go in the water! They tried to charge us a $1 to use the bathroom! Now if you ask my husband he said best snorkeling he has ever done!

San Juan: We of course went to Rum factory! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! We like Bacardi! Just stopped in for shopping and drinking, no tour we really didn't have alot of time in Puerto Rico but it was beautiful. We loved the fort, walked through that and the kids were amazed and we all liked it.

Grand Turk: Margarita-ville: WoW! We had a great time, they know how to make drinks! That is all i'm saying!

Entertainment: We only saw 2 shows the 80s and nightclub express, loved the 80s not so much nightclub express. Really enjoyed the Quest game and my husband and I played and enjoyed the marriage game!

I didn't really care for Goose the director, he had no sense of humor, no energy. Emerson the Assistant was great dancing, talking and just a great guy.

Sea Day:

The first day was great: hairy chest competition was hilarious, relaxed by the pool.

The second we were not happy to see it end so wasn't as much fun.

Crew: They definitely seemed tired and crabby but I would be to if I had to put up with all the ignorant people i saw! I think a TV network should do a documentary about the workers life on the boats and we might get a new insight an hopefully it would change the way people act! Wishful thinking I know!

Food: I thought it was really good and have the pounds to prove it!

Boat: I liked the boat, the only thing was the smoking.... I have read reviews and hoped they were over exaggerating, they are not i am sorry to say. It is everywhere! People smoking by the pool next to non- smoking signs! It was horrible in the casino so i tried to stay away but you have to walk threw and it was really bad, sorry to burst anyone's bubble!

Overall, I hope you can tell we had a great time and will be back for more, maybe not this boat but Carnival is still great in my book!

Publication Date: 10/16/11