Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by SallyBlue

Member Name: SallyBlue
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Barcelona to Turkey in September WOW!
I am a snob when it comes to travel. There I said it. I expect, yes, even in this day and age, that I get something for my money. I like traveling with Celebrity because they don't take my patronage for granted. So "well done" to the crew of the Celebrity Solstice for serving in such a heartfelt manner. After that a cruise, for me, is about making friends. And for that I tip my hat to the excursion crew. The excursions are well run, easy to relax on and as the ad says, "leave the driving to us."

I made many new friends on my journeys. In Rome I met Sheila, a powerhouse of a woman who was my new BFF as we headed out of the Vatican, maps in hand and a desire to hop a subway and see what all we could track down in half a day. We found the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and the Coliseum and a great place for Lasagna. In Santorini I met Patricia S.W. from the UK. A delightful gal who had the wonderful idea of stopping the running around long enough to have a coffee along the way and actually BE there in the moment. Then we had moussaka and Greek salad. And another BFF was born. (E-mail me, I have lost your info, I have pictures of you.)

There were new folks to meet at dinner, in ports and on deck. How can you not like people adventurous to go on a cruise and stomp around Pompeii.

All in all while a cruise might be what you make it, having the important things such as food, travel in and out of ports, entertainment all handled makes it easier to sit back and let the serendipity happen.

Publication Date: 10/16/11