Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by SallyBlue: Barcelona to Turkey in September WOW!

Celebrity Solstice 5
Member Since 2011
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Barcelona to Turkey in September WOW!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I am a snob when it comes to travel. There I said it. I expect, yes, even in this day and age, that I get something for my money. I like traveling with Celebrity because they don't take my patronage for granted. So "well done" to the crew of the Celebrity Solstice for serving in such a heartfelt manner. After that a cruise, for me, is about making friends. And for that I tip my hat to the excursion crew. The excursions are well run, easy to relax on and as the ad says, "leave the driving to us."

I made many new friends on my journeys. In Rome I met Sheila, a powerhouse of a woman who was my new BFF as we headed out of the Vatican, maps in hand and a desire to hop a subway and see what all we could track down in half a day. We found the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and the Coliseum and a great place for Lasagna. In Santorini I met Patricia S.W. from the UK. A delightful gal who had the wonderful idea of stopping the running around long enough to have a coffee along the way and More actually BE there in the moment. Then we had moussaka and Greek salad. And another BFF was born. (E-mail me, I have lost your info, I have pictures of you.)

There were new folks to meet at dinner, in ports and on deck. How can you not like people adventurous to go on a cruise and stomp around Pompeii.

All in all while a cruise might be what you make it, having the important things such as food, travel in and out of ports, entertainment all handled makes it easier to sit back and let the serendipity happen. Less

Published 10/16/11

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review:

Room 1082 was magnificent. A wonderful balcony. Of course it is on the fulcrum so any rough waters are minimized. It is far enough a way from elevators as to not have crowds mulling about. The bathroom was lovely, beds VERY comfy, as were the pillows.

Member Since 2011
3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X