Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by dragonflylt: Mediterranean Cruise

Splendour of the Seas 5
dragonflylt
Member Since 2011

Mediterranean Cruise

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Although I had cruised with Disney Cruise Line before, to me, this was my first cruise. The purpose of this vacation was to celebrate the completion of my MBA at 42 years old. In general, the experience was superb. We visited 8 ports of call and I can write a book about each of them. All of it positive. The crew on the ship was amazing - in general, this experience was one of a kind and one that I will remmeber forever. Due to a restricted budget, I only took 3 shore excursions, Athens, Santorini and Ephesus. I wish I would have been able to take more excursions, however, I cherished the time spent walking around on my own. The ship had lots of entertainment, great music and drinks - dinner every night (late dinner) was fabulous and we met wonderful people from Switzerland. I believe we made friends for life.

This cruise is well recommended to anyone that is looking forward to see other cultures and experience what life was in the past - the highlight of it for me was More to walk in Ephesus, in the Virgin's Mary home... it is a blessing to be able to walk those precious path that carry so much meaning to me. I took a private tour for this portion of the trip, it was same money than the cruise shore excursion but with just 4 people... It was worth it as we even had lunch in typical Turkish restaurant. The company is Ekol Travel - they were wonderful. Less

Published 10/16/11

Read more Splendour of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Splendour of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: 2516

Comfortable bed, great oceanview, great space for two people, not noisy at all!

Very historic - took an excursion here to not miss the must see... Totally recommend the excursion for first timers.

one of my favorites for shopping! walked on our own.. drank, shopped, visited the castle....
Read 25 Bodrum Reviews

excellent
Read 135 Kotor Reviews

my favorite port - took a private tour...with Ekol Travel.. 100% recommend them!
Read 368 Kusadasi Reviews

we went to the beach ... .it was painfully cold (I am a Floridian).. but it was so beautiful... Amazing downtown.. walked around the cobblestones roads...and ate and drink by the shore...
Read 394 Mykonos Reviews

gorgeous - took shore excursion... it was ok because we went to winery and drove around the mountains... worth it!

Loved it! I wish i would have done an excursion here... Walked around the palace, it was beautiful... Split is amazing.
Read 147 Split Reviews

Had some wine and pizza - and a nice gondola ride with friends...
Read 535 Venice Reviews