Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by funinthesun2011: TIME OF MY LIFE

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

TIME OF MY LIFE

Sail Date: October 2011

The Oasis of the Seas is AMAZING! The ship itself is beautiful, big, and will NOT disappoint.

This was our (my husband and I) first cruise so we really didn't know what to expect. I had read all the good and bad reviews on cruise critic and was a little worried. After the first few days I will honestly say that the bad reviews really have to be from people that just want to complain.

From the moment we got off the airplane, got our baggage, and got on the transfer bus to the terminal to check in, everything was smooth. The check in process was painless (less than 20 minutes), the embarkation process was easy, and within an hour of getting off the airplane we were on the ship.

The Stateroom - Since we have never been on a cruise before and have nothing to compare the room to, I would say that the room was roomy enough, the bathrooms were nice, and the showers with the doors were really the best. We had room in the closet and under the bed for our More luggage, and I found a place for all of our stuff. Our room attendant kept the room very clean and he was always VERY helpful with any questions we had. His towel animals every night were so cute and I couldn't wait to see what he had made.

The Entertainment - The shows were AWESOME! We saw all but Hairspray and the ice skating show. I would recommend reservations (especially for the comedy show and Oasis of Dreams water show) but I do think even if you didn't have them you could still get in to most things. Richard Spacey is amazing/funny/keeps the party going and probably works 24/7 to make sure that you are entertained if you want to be.

The Food - I heard a lot of complaints about the food when we were on board from people that have cruised several times (mainly that the Oasis of the Seas doesn't have seafood like a lot of the other ships), and I read the boards about the food and was a little worried. We found the food good....not amazing....but good. We normally ate in the Wind Jammer for breakfast which was fine. It was always crazy busy but we always found a place to sit. For lunch on the days we were on the ship we ate at the bistro place that has coffee on deck 5 (it has sandwiches and cookies) or we ate at the central park place with the roast beef sandwiches. Both were very good. The Solarium looked good but we never ate there. We heard the salads there were great. At night we at in the MD (5 nights), at Chops (1 night) and at The Italian place (1 night). All were excellent. I don't think Chops was as good as I was expecting but it was good. The food in the MD for the most part was excellent. They always brought us more and on a few nights we asked for double entrees and there was never a problem. If there was a complaint it was that the service a few nights was a little slow but because most of the time we didn't have anything planned after (other than losing our money in the casino) it wasn't a big deal.

Service - Awesome! Can't say enough about how hard the crew works. I saw people late at night and early the next morning. They were always friendly, attentive, and helpful. We never had a problem. The guys on the pool deck especially were hustlers. We never went without beer or mixed drinks.

The Ports of Call - Labadee is BEAUTIFUL! Get off the boat and go lay on the beach and get in the water! It is awesome!! Great view of the ship from the beach!!

Jamaica - GET OFF THE BOAT!! We did the zip line and Dunn's River Falls excursion. We had the most fun! The guide was wonderful and full of information, the zip line experience was AMAZING, and Dunn's River Falls was awesome!! Also, we got lunch during the day and it was the best lunch I have had in forever. Jerk chicken, beans and rice, and some salad that was yummy!

Cozumel - GET OFF THE BOAT! We went snorkeling. The water is so beautiful in Cozumel how could you NOT get off the boat.

Leaving the ship - From the time they called our number until were were sitting on the bus to the airport = 10 minutes total. Easy. No complaints.

Over all we had the best time. We met some really nice people, drank, ate, relaxed, loved, and enjoyed being together. If you read a bad complaint chalk it up to someone who wants to complain and doesn't enjoy life because you truly can't have a bad time on the Oasis of the Seas. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 6222

Great balcony. Middle of the ship was great. Great use of space. Plenty of room for all our stuff. Loved the shower door instead of a curtain. Had a bar for shaving my legs in the shower which was very much appreciated.

Amazing! We had a great time on the Chukka zip line and Dunn's River Falls excursion. The guide and driver were awesome and the meal that the ladies cooked after zip lining was one of the best we had. Highly recommend!!
Read 486 Falmouth Reviews