Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by riddledm

Spa & Fitness 5+
        7-9 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Beautiful ship!
This ship is incredible! At first it seems very overwhelming and I truly didn't really know which way to go to get where I needed to be without looking at the signs next to the elevators. I would say that is par for the course for me though! It's easiest if you just remember the neighborhoods on the ship. So for example, we didn't do any of the specialty restaurants which a lot of Central Park includes (except Park Cafe--awesome salads), so we didn't spend much time there. We mainly spent time at the Boardwalk and Royal Promenade. Oh, the rooms on this ship seem to have so much more storage that on the other ships we have been on. We had plenty of room to put all of our things up. I liked that a lot. Also liked the ipod docking station too.

Have to leave a note about the service. I'm not sure if this ship is so big and maybe the staff is exhausted or what, but there was a definite difference between our service on this ship vs the Freedom. They were so forgetful (dinner/room) and it was so unlike the other RCI staff we have encountered in the past. I heard many people note the same thing. One day our room didn't get cleaned until dinner time because our room steward was "in a meeting". I'm wondering why schedule meetings when the employees are supposed to be cleaning? It didn't make sense to me. We heard too many times "that's not my job", which really took us by surprise. It wasn't bad service, just not what we expected from cruising with RCI before.

One more thing--getting on/off the boat was the easiest, fastest that I have ever experienced. They really got it right at Port Everglades.

Publication Date: 10/16/11