Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by jlablueeyes: First Time Cruisers/Honeymoon~
Member Since 2011
Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises
First Time Cruisers/Honeymoon~
1) Eat in the dining room, the food in the Windjammer/Jade isn't worth it. Dining room food is awesome.
2) The boat DOES MOVE. You might get motion sick. Take bonine/dramamine/meclizine/zofran, whatever you can pick up over the counter or get prescribed.
3) Drinks are expensive, but the good ones are very strong.
4) The water package is worth it.
5) The balcony is worth it.
6) The bathroom is TINY.
7) Go to the Meet & Mingle through Cruise Critic, it's a great way to meet some people even if you do just want to do your own thing, you won't be obligated to hang out with anyone or everyone.
8) Take pictures, relax, and have fun.
9) Check your balances on the TV in your room, track your spending so that's not a stressor.
10) Use room service, it's your friend, especially for breakfast. You can even order it through the TV the night/day before.
11) Go to the shows, you will miss you and regret it if you don't.
12) If there are parades, More watch them. Often there will be 2 for 1 drinks, watch sales, etc.
13) If you're going to St. Thomas or St. Maarten, there is AMAZING jewelry shopping. I had no idea gems and diamonds were so fantastic, and there are port shopping guides onboard that will give seminars and help you out with what you want to purchase.
14) Look over the wine package, if you are interested.
15) Drink in moderation and save up for the days you're just at sea, especially at the last days of the cruise.
16) Do the pre-paid tips if you want it to be easy. You can always add more, but it's ridiculous that you'd tip less, the waiters are always fantastic as are the housekeeping staff.
Those are our simple tips/thoughts! It was our first cruise, we live in Tampa, and cruised out of Port Canaveral. We loved Royal Caribbean, the Flowrider was cool, the competition for the best of was awesome at the Flowrider!
Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6 6306
Nice size closet AMAZING balcony Quiet location Great view
Port and Shore Excursions
Very Good Cruise, but not our ...
Don't! Unless you love other p...
Fun time, but not my favorite.
First Time on Royal Caribbean-...
NOT A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Such an expensive disappointme...