Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Momma Donna: Carnival Pride 9/25/11

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride 9/25/11

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore

We were a group of all ages, some 1st timer cruiser some not out of PA & NJ. Let me just say it was a breeze to sail out of Baltimore got at the port a little b4 noon and was posting on facebook at 12:30. The port workers are the friendliest I've ever encountered.
I had ordered a bottle for my son's room & mine from Bon Voyage to be in the room on the day of departure. My bottle was there...my son's took several days and several calls and face time at Guest relations.
I've sailed on the Pride's sister ships...Legend 2x & the Miracle 1x...so I was not surprised of the layout. I was really surprised of the lack of attention the passengers get. Our group met only "1" friendly waiter, Ariel which was seen everywhere and always made us feel welcomed. The room stewards did a great job in all our rooms. Room service took anywhere from an hour or more for food or beer order!
Dining room (we chose anytime dining) big mistake. Waiters were not friendly and we seemed to More get the trainees each time. Food was never hot. I did talk to the Maitre D about the issues on the last night AND the disappointment especially after bragging about Carnival to the first timers. The 1st night I got the fried chix comfort food ...the leg was bloody after I bit into it. Another night a piece of porcelain was in the food. Very slowwww service...sometimes a long table wait which we expected due to the size of group (we didn't always eat at the same time) but when we did there was a long table wait. I think Carnival should take a note from Norwegian ...when you get a buzzer for the table wait drinks are buy one get one free. Save the apologies.
Comedy Theatre was nice (but a variety of comedy would be nice) standup gets old. The karaoke area was nice but too SMOKEY even for smokers. As an ex-smoker, I could not enjoy the room. Sports bar and Piano bar are great. I felt there was a lack of entertainment on this cruise. But the deck party is always a hit!
Grand Turk was great and Half Moon Cay... well need I say more? But Freeport, good lord what a waste of time and my money! How do you explain Freeport to 1st timers after Half Moon Cay! Even the Freeport sail away entertainment was a snooze...one guy singing slow tunes. Very disappointing.
We all had a great time together we made this trip all that we could! But after all the hype I sold this group, I feel Carnival let them down! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>