Carnival Glory Cruise Review by clerkhjh

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: clerkhjh
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 4A
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Glory Canada & New England - Fun Vacation

Pro's: The room service and restaurant service was excellent. The employees I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The comedy shows were excellent. The family friendly ones were super funny. Go to the art auctions. Between trivia, game shows and nightly entertainment you will stay busy. I had a lot of fun. Take time for a nap because Carnival will keep you going 12 hours a day with their programing. My interior room was nice. I had a comfortable bed. We had space for the luggage. One advantage of the cheap interior room is pitch darkness when the lights are out - great for afternoon naps. I brought my white noise machine, it drowned out the noise from the elevator. I would also say that the price was excellent $90 per day for the two of us, including tips and taxes. Can't be beat for the vacation we had. Canada and New England are beautiful. The ports have history, nature, and seafood. I would definitely go again.

Con's: The Carnival Glory is a big ship. I spent a lot of time walking. I also spent some time eating, so this may not be a bad thing. Food in the dining room was a 3.5 on a scale of 5. It was good not gourmet. I'm okay with that. Sales pitches are worked into every event, buy an excursion, treat yourself in the spa, take advantage of our drink specials, visit the casino, smile for our pictures. Ugh! I got annoyed saying "no." I understand this is how Carnival makes its money. Just take it in stride. You CAN say No. Its okay.

Publication Date: 10/11/11