Carnival Glory Cruise Review by clerkhjh: Carnival Glory Canada & New England - Fun Vacation

clerkhjh
Member Since 2011
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Glory Canada & New England - Fun Vacation

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Pro's: The room service and restaurant service was excellent. The employees I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The comedy shows were excellent. The family friendly ones were super funny. Go to the art auctions. Between trivia, game shows and nightly entertainment you will stay busy. I had a lot of fun. Take time for a nap because Carnival will keep you going 12 hours a day with their programing. My interior room was nice. I had a comfortable bed. We had space for the luggage. One advantage of the cheap interior room is pitch darkness when the lights are out - great for afternoon naps. I brought my white noise machine, it drowned out the noise from the elevator. I would also say that the price was excellent $90 per day for the two of us, including tips and taxes. Can't be beat for the vacation we had. Canada and New England are beautiful. The ports have history, nature, and seafood. I would definitely go again.

Con's: The Carnival Glory is a big ship. I spent a lot More of time walking. I also spent some time eating, so this may not be a bad thing. Food in the dining room was a 3.5 on a scale of 5. It was good not gourmet. I'm okay with that. Sales pitches are worked into every event, buy an excursion, treat yourself in the spa, take advantage of our drink specials, visit the casino, smile for our pictures. Ugh! I got annoyed saying "no." I understand this is how Carnival makes its money. Just take it in stride. You CAN say No. Its okay. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Riviera

Interior cabin. Cheap way to cruise. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Pitch black with the lights out - great of napping. Consider bringing a white noise machine in case you are near the lobby. Very satisfied.

(5.5)

Boston is an amazing city. We were in port 2pm until 10pm. It is impossible to see enough in this time period. An early debarkation pass is essential. You will lose valuable time if you leave at 4pm without a pass. I waited in line on the ship to get one the day before. The freedom trail is marked by red bricks from the city center. We took a taxi and followed the trail around. I had a wonderful time. Historic sites close at 5pm. In retrospect an excursion may help you see more in your short time there. However, I am happy with my experience on my own. The taxi was $12 to Faneuil Hall. Getting back on the ship was a long line. I waited 45 minutes when I returned at 7pm just to get back on the ship. Others waited longer. There was a problem with the galley. Just be patient. Might pay off to get closer to the deadline of 9:30 rather than wait in line.

Read 216 Boston Reviews

(5.5)

I should have bought an excursion or a tour. We were suprised that there were limited options avaiable when we got off the boat. So, we braved the cold wind. It is an interesting port. I liked the Maritime museum $12 admission. Very interesting and easy to find off the ship. The Citadel is interesting as well. The guards gave us a tour.

Read 338 Halifax Reviews

Discover Portland representatives are there right as you get off the ship. We spent $35 per person for a cruise around the harbor and a bus trip. Well worth it. The tour was excellent. This is the way to see Portland. The weather was beautiful. Give yourself time to eat at DeMillo's (its right by Discover Portland stand). Splurge on lobster. You will not be sorry!

St John New Brunswick. It was a little cold and wet. Walk down to the market, easy to find of the ship. There is an excellent New Brunswick history museum. We enjoyed learning about whales. Admission is $7. We bought the St Martin & Bay of Fundy excursion from Carnival. Might be a mistake. There were plenty of tour offerings right off the ship. We could have gotten a better deal. The excursion was good. I am glad we saw the Canadian country-side. The leaves are changing there. The red rocks and sea caves are gorgeous. Not to be missed. After reading reviews I knew that the tour would be short. We only spent 60 minutes in St Martin. However, the drive was pretty. The town itself is industrial. It has some beautiful buildings but I think the sea is the real attraction.