Carnival Pride Cruise Review by novinha

Member Name: novinha
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great trip to Bermuda
This is the 4th cruise to Bermuda for my DH and I. Our 3rd from Baltimore. We couldn't be more pleased with the Baltimore Cruise Terminal. We have never had an issue at this port and would be happy to keep cruising from Baltimore as long as some cruise line keeps up with 7 day trips to Bermuda.

This was our first Carnival cruise and we did like the ship. We had a cabin on the Riviera deck as I'm prone to seasickness. Our cabin was spacious and clean and our steward never left us wanting for anything. It was also a first for us in that we always had hot water for showers. Yay! Room service was prompt and the coffee was never cold.

The decor of the ship is renaissance and seemed a bit dark, save for the Sunset Garden. Not much to do there but chill and enjoy the view, but it was bright and sunny. Yes, there are nudes everywhere you look, and some are pretty goofy. It's pretty easy to navigate your way about the ship and we only had to wait once for an elevator. There are plenty.

We aren't much into ships activities. We saw the adult comedy show the first night and didn't go to any other shows, comedy or other. The comedian was crude and just not funny. We spent about an hour in the casino and lost but had a lot of fun. We did spend quite a bit of time in Serenity. The bartender was good (as was the bartender in the Atrium) and we were usually able to snag a seat. The hammock was comfy and in the shade. We had to shoo away smokers only twice which is par for the course. And they didn't put up a fuss. But don't worry if you can't find a place in Serenity. Really! Just go up a deck or two and there's plenty of deck chairs. Unlike the other ships we've sailed where you just give up after a while, I swear the Pride had a deck chair for every bottom. And Serenity is always playing a loop of music that we're pretty sure we heard several times a day. The other decks are much more quiet and I didn't have to turn up my IPod to drown out the competing music. There weren't many kids on our cruise so getting away from them wasn't an issue. And they were pretty darn cute anyway! And I almost forgot, we like to watch Karaoke but couldn't after the first night as the venue was a little ashtray the Pride likes to call the Starry Night. Note to Carnival, please don't put Karaoke in a bar that also houses all the cigar smokers. The Raphael Lounge was much better.

I don't claim to be a foodie or a wine snob (but I really liked the Thirsy Frog beer on tap...yes, I'm a tappie) so I can't give a hard core review of the food. I'll say it was okay. I like to get meal time over with and go on to more interesting activities. But our best meals were in the Normandie and David's steakhouse. I didn't like the Mermaid Grille's breakfasts but lunch and dinner were okay. The pizza was good and hot, the paninis were super, and I'm a burger girl. And this burger girl says the burgers are good...just let us doctor them up ourselves. David's steakhouse was very nice but not worth the upcharge, even though we had our best meals there. The chocolate melting cake in the Normandie is everything you've heard it to be...and more. That's going to be my mission here at home...learn how to make that devilish dessert.

Bermuda was lovely, as always. We visited St. George on our first day there. It's our favorite location in Bermuda. We just walked around and made our way to Tobacco Bay, St. Catherine's, and Achilles Bay. We visited Somer's Garden which we'd never done before and that was very pretty. Day two we went to Horseshoe Bay and had a great time, best ever at the beach. There was a rip current and threatening clouds overhead, but it was still perfect to us. We were docked in Kings Wharf and spent our last morning just walking around. We went to the sea glass beach and found some treasures, got our free sample of rum cake (not self serve anymore...they're on to me!)and got our last minutes soda and gifts. We didn't venture into Hamilton on this trip but if you want night life you have to go to Hamilton. We love seven day Bermuda cruises and sailing from Baltimore. Hint, hint to the cruise lines. We have been to Bermuda in May, July, and October and October is our favorite.

All in all, we enjoyed our cruise and liked the ship better than RCI and NCL ships we've sailed. We would sail the Pride again but only to Bermuda. We like being in the same port for the duration.

Publication Date: 10/14/11