Braemar Cruise Review by Shirley Bloomfield

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: D
See More About: Braemar Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Fred. Olsen Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Braemar Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Braemar Deck Plans
Our Baltic Discovery - the best of both worlds
We went on the Ramblers "Cruise and Walk" on the Braemar. These holidays are a partnership between Fred Olsen and Ramblers Worldwide and in my opinion give you the best of both worlds. You have the interest, exploration and small group friendliness of the usual Ramblers holiday combined with the luxury and pampering of a Fred Olsen cruise.

I cant fault the Braemar. Although we had a low grade cabin on the Atlantic Deck (albeit and outside one) we found it surprisingly pleasant, spacious and well equipped and kept spotless by our steward.

Only one word for the food - excellent - both in quality and variety. Wonderful service from the restaurant staff too.

Plenty of interesting things to do (or do nothing if you prefer!) Great facilities.

As a Ramblers group we had our own shore excursions and guides and these were excellent. We also felt that Fred Olsen treat groups particularly well (we found this when we went with a private group of friends on a Balmoral cruise last year)

I suppose one ought to find a negative or two, but all I can think of was a poor command of English by the gym staff and only Golden Shred marmalade at breakfast - I longed for some "thick cut". But that's not much to complain of, is it? Cant wait for my next Olsen Cruise!

Publication Date: 10/11/11