Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by beesy: Thank you Carnival - I never want to cruise again.

beesy
Member Since 2011

Thank you Carnival - I never want to cruise again.

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Let me start by saying that my husband and I were not the only people that wanted to go home on this cruise. The islands were nice, but just seeing that Carnival Destiny ship staring at us from the ocean made us both want to cry - we did not want to get back on.
The food was pretty much terrible (though dinner was ok). I felt so claustrophobic on the ship (ok maybe that is my fault, I don't know), got lost a lot (we spent an hour looking for some sushi bar that was on the ship map, but did not actually exist - it was like a one time mobile thing). The staff really didn't seem to want to be there.
I was sick and tired most of the time (even with my sea bands on), because the ship was rocking so bad. We really didn't get to see any of the shows (like I said we got lost quite a bit looking though) - and there didn't seem to be anything really appealing, except a comedy show that was ok, but we had to sit on the floor for it because it was so crowded.
The overall ship was More somewhat like a crappy old hotel, with an equally crappy casino.
The people on the boat (including some from our group of 18) said that this was a bad cruise compared to Royal Caribbean.
I liked the 9th floor lido deck, which was the only place I didn't feel completely ill. I never vomited on the cruise so I don't really think I was sea sick or anything. We took an eco-tour in Half Moon Cay where we rode on a glass bottom boat and I didn't feel ill there at all.
The drinks on the ship did not seem water-downed to me, that was a plus.
The man who cleaned our cabin was nice and made lovely towel animals - so that was the other plus.
I have talked to people who say that Carnival is the bottom line for cruises and that I shouldn't be turned off by the concept based on this cruise, but I am - the thought of getting on a ship again makes me sad. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Upper

Island Tour

(3)
We rode in a bus and got a history of the island. The ship had made me so sick up to this point that I could not enjoy it really. But it was interesting.