Carnival Dream 2

Cruise review of Carnival Dream

Psycguyatl
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

About a year ago I was on the Carnival Spirit & that ship was lovely. (Proof that I'm not anti-Carnival.) This ship was, in my opinion, very ugly & poorly designed.

The maitre'd (a very friendly guy) relayed that several months ago, Carnival changed their menu, corporate-wide, so this is not so much a review of the ship as of the cruise line. Shrimp cocktail is no longer available everyday, but you can get a fruit cocktail. The food on the ship was plentiful, but only fair really. (Quantity over quality.). One thing that's thankfully unchanged is their warm chocolate melting cake. I would probably hurt someone if this went away.

Our cabin was disappointing as well. We are not "night people." I'm in bed every night by 10pm. Unfortunately, we could hear a nightclub from our cabin each night until 2am. Also,we were a party of 3 that got booked into a room with a ceiling pull-down bunk instead of a love seat that converts into a bed. Not sure who was supposed More to climb up there since my coordination is bad due to a brain tumor, & the other people in my cabin were a 76 yo in a wheel-chair & someone who was right at the weight-limit for the bed. (Really the fault of our booking agent & not with the ship.) In the end, we opted to have the person who was right at the weight limit, sleep in the pull-down bunk. Especially after we were told that we were welcome to get off the ship if our cabin was unacceptable, that the ship was full & there was nothing they could do.

Carnival really stepped up here. We got 30% off this cruise, & 20% off any future Carnival cruise.Not sure which unfortunate eventuality this was to make up for (maybe both), but I'll take it. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children

Published 10/11/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?