Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Psycguyatl: Disappointing

Carnival Dream 2
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

About a year ago I was on the Carnival Spirit & that ship was lovely. (Proof that I'm not anti-Carnival.) This ship was, in my opinion, very ugly & poorly designed.

The maitre'd (a very friendly guy) relayed that several months ago, Carnival changed their menu, corporate-wide, so this is not so much a review of the ship as of the cruise line. Shrimp cocktail is no longer available everyday, but you can get a fruit cocktail. The food on the ship was plentiful, but only fair really. (Quantity over quality.). One thing that's thankfully unchanged is their warm chocolate melting cake. I would probably hurt someone if this went away.

Our cabin was disappointing as well. We are not "night people." I'm in bed every night by 10pm. Unfortunately, we could hear a nightclub from our cabin each night until 2am. Also,we were a party of 3 that got booked into a room with a ceiling pull-down bunk instead of a love seat that converts into a bed. Not sure who was supposed More to climb up there since my coordination is bad due to a brain tumor, & the other people in my cabin were a 76 yo in a wheel-chair & someone who was right at the weight-limit for the bed. (Really the fault of our booking agent & not with the ship.) In the end, we opted to have the person who was right at the weight limit, sleep in the pull-down bunk. Especially after we were told that we were welcome to get off the ship if our cabin was unacceptable, that the ship was full & there was nothing they could do.

Carnival really stepped up here. We got 30% off this cruise, & 20% off any future Carnival cruise.Not sure which unfortunate eventuality this was to make up for (maybe both), but I'll take it. Less

Published 10/11/11

Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X