Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by topper44

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

A Great Experience in Every Way!
This really was a lovely cruise. the itinerary was excellent as all the ports were interesting and there was plenty to learn and to do in each one. This was helped by having wonderful weather except for the last day in Venice.

The ship i now about 12 years old but still looked lovely to me. My cabin was in very good condition, in fact, they changed the furniture during the course of the cruise although the items they took out still looked good to me.

I was, as always with Royal Caribbean, very impressed with some of the crew members. My waitress, Laura from Romania, was particularly excellent. I am on a strict diet and she really went out of her way to make sure I got steamed vegetables with each meal and a fruit plate for dessert. This was so much better than my previous experience.

All in all I heartily recommend this itinerary and ship.

There was no option on the list for Koper or Ravenna so I will write about the 3 ports in this space.

Port 1 was Koper and I took an excursion to Ljubljana. This was a delightful city with beautiful architecture and lovely outdoor cafes. It happened to be the day of their Medieval parade which was lovely and colourful. I then had time for a leisurely walk around Koper which was also charming but very small.

The next port was Ravenna and I did an expensive but worthwhile excursion to Bologna and Ravenna. Both cities were very interesting and full of historical gems.

In Bari itself I felt I made a mistake. I took the excursion to Alberobello which was an OK place but the excursion took up far too much of the day in relation to the interest leaving far too little time for Bari itself.

I did have just enough time to have a wander around the old town and took a bicycle rickshaw which was excellent. In short I would not recommend an excursion in Bari and felt I cheated myself by wasting the time.

Publication Date: 10/14/11