“A Great Experience in Every Way!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas

topper44 Voyager of the Seas 5 A Great Experience in Every Way!
topper44
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This really was a lovely cruise. the itinerary was excellent as all the ports were interesting and there was plenty to learn and to do in each one. This was helped by having wonderful weather except for the last day in Venice. The ship i now about 12 years old but still looked lovely to me. My cabin was in very good condition, in fact, they changed the furniture during the course of the cruise although the items they took out still looked good to me. I was, as always with Royal Caribbean, very impressed with some of the crew members. My waitress, Laura from Romania, was particularly excellent. I am on a strict diet and she really went out of her way to make sure I got steamed vegetables with each meal and a fruit plate for dessert. This was so much better than my previous experience. All in all I heartily recommend this itinerary and ship. There was no option on the list for Koper or Ravenna so I will write about the 3 ports in this space. Port 1 was Koper and I took an excursion to Ljubljana. This was a delightful city with beautiful architecture and lovely outdoor cafes. It happened to be the day of their Medieval parade which was lovely and colourful. I then had time for a leisurely walk around Koper which was also charming but very small. The next port was Ravenna and I did an expensive but worthwhile excursion to Bologna and Ravenna. Both cities were very interesting and full of historical gems. In Bari itself I felt I made a mistake. I took the excursion to Alberobello which was an OK place but the excursion took up far too much of the day in relation to the interest leaving far too little time for Bari itself. I did have just enough time to have a wander around the old town and took a bicycle rickshaw which was excellent. In short I would not recommend an excursion in Bari and felt I cheated myself by wasting the time.
Voyager of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS1652
I found the cabin extremely comfortable. The bath was lovely and I enjoyed having a kettle and a nice sized balcony.

Port
Dubrovnik was a place I was really looking forward to seeing and it is very beautiful. Unfortunately it has become totally a tourist town so the heart of it has been removed from my point of view. It is certainly worth seeing but it would have been much nicer when local people were living there and there were shops other than oother than those for tourists.
Port
Venice is a gem. It was raining and windy when we were there but it was still beautiful. I loved wandering around and taking the vaporetti. I also had an excellent lunch at Osteria Doge Morosini in Campo Santo Stefano.
Read 938 Venice Reviews
Published 10/14/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Voyager of the Seas Review
Voyager of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?