Costa Serena Cruise Review by thegrimreeper@ntlworld.com: Not for the non smokers

thegrimreeper@ntlworld.com
0 Post

Compare Prices on Costa Serena Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Not for the non smokers

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Had a week on the Costa Serena our first Cruise with Costa, although we have cruised many times before.
The ship is beautiful and the facilities are good. Food very good and a wide choice.
The destinations on this cruise where excellent and shore excursions well planed.
Shows are poor until the last night of the cruise and that one was very good.
On the down side they have introduced a 15% surcharge on everything from the bar so a small glass of beer is nearly 6 Euros and you still have to pay a compulsory gratuities payment on top of the surcharge. The Officers only talk to you if you are below 20 years of age and partly dressed, and talking of dress on the gala night I only counted 5 couples who dresses for dinner some of the Italian guests even wore T-Shirts. The crew had a attitude problem for example if you met one in a corridor you had to give way for fear of being knocked over.That attitude was all over the ship and the guests where even worse than the crew, More try to get out of a lift they just push in before the lift empties. The examples of rudeness are as long as my arm, every English speaking person said they had the same problems that we experienced.
If you are a none smoker forget it the guests are mainly Italian and they smoke everywhere even in the lifts. Children are not allowed in certain areas for example the large Jacuzzis but they treated them as there private swimming pools if you tried to get in you where jeered at and the security guard who's job it was to keep them out just laughed.
One final note I have spent many happy holidays in Italy so I don't have a downer on Italians but this lot were just rude and in great numbers. One of the staff said when she approached a guest and said bon giorno if you replied back "hello" she felt as though the next 2 minutes the guest would be polite and courteous, but if they replied bon giorno she had a fight on her hands to say polite.
I could go on but I think I've made my point. Less

Read more Costa Serena cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Serena Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Serena Inside Andromeda Deck 947

We had an inside cabin deck one my partner gets motion sickness and the movement of the ship in negligible low down and she can't look at the sea going up and down in the port hole. Cabin door slamming is a nation sport with the Italian guests. The cabin was big enough for 2 people and the facilities very good although the television was an old CRT and on it's last legs.