Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Love_amazing

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Love_amazing
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Love_amazing
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Loved the Silhouette
We booked on the Celebrity Silhouette early in May, and we had been following her since then. The first reviews were not very encouraging, mentioning all the disorganization on board, and bad behave of customers. As we were approaching the sailing date we were getting more and more worried. But, I must admit that it has been a very pleasant cruise!

Boarding:

Boarding at Civittavechia was smooth and easy. The terminal is a Tent, but a permanent tent.There was a bit of a queue, but I expected so , we were nearly 3000 people to check in, and it only took about 15 minutes from the moment we step in the terminal and the moment we were on board, so what else can you ask for!

Ship:

No words to describe her. AMAZING. Every single corner is design, pure design.Light everywhere, spacious and breathtaking spots every single way you looked!

Room:

7307, we were a bit worried about being in the last room of the corredor, but in fact I will ask for that kind of room every time I cruise from now on! We had a bigger balcony, and it was going a bit out , so we had a unique view of the ship! Walking was fine to put down all we ate!!! We found out it was a bit noisy when they through the anchor down, but not to much hassle!

Design again, spacious and easy to locate every thing! The bathroom was very big, and nice decored! The size of the room was bigger than other cruise ships average.

Food:

This might be one of the weak points. With this I don't mean it was bad. It was OK, but just OK. We did not tried the speciality restaurants so I can't say anything about them but the design again. Qsine was by far, the most spectacular restaurant on the sea I could imagine!

Entretaintment.

Well, that was definately the negative point on the cruise. The cruise director Nick Weir was an absolutely unprofessional cruise director. Everything had to go arround him, himself and his opinions, and his friends and his,his,his...I was so feed up at the end of the cruise, I could not stand him any more! Apparently he has been too considered by some one, becouse it looked like he was having a power trip! We only saw him during the introducction of the shows. That was all we saw him (except in the Martini bar having his Martinis). In fact I was shocked in one of the shows called "Mike and his frieds" where the only propourse of it was to show how he sang, how he danced, and how he made jokes, too much for me!Very arrogant all together.

The shows.... well I must admit the Silhouette Musicians, dancers and singers were amazing, the shows , I found them very good. But the rest of the shows were avarage, specially one of "mike's" friend I can't remember his name, I felt embarrased, he was wearing a suit 3 sizes less than he supose to, and he was making a strange dance and old songs, well very weard guy.

Acivities on board, were ok. Not too impressed about it, but ok. The best part of all together was the Captain! Dimitrios Kafetzis, what a man! He could have been the cruise director in fact! He took part of the activities more than the cruise director itself. A good man, and very funny!!! a 10 for him!

The rest of the crew was very helpful , and very professional. You can feel , maybe, a lack of experience all together, but I was expecting that, the ship is only 3 moths, we have to let people to get used to her!

Excursions:

we booked 4 excursions in Israel with Celebrity. Fine, well organized and professional guides.

Ports of call:

We booked this cruise because of the Israel Ports, and they reached our expectations. The rest of the ports , we had been there before, but I must admit that the whole trip was a stunning tour. Lots of history , and cultures!

In resume, a "nearly perfect" holiday, if it hadn't been for Mr.HIM!

But I would definitely repeat, and I would definitely recommend this cruise. In fact, I was literally in tears the last morning, didn't want to leave!!!!

Publication Date: 10/14/11