Carnival Dream Cruise Review by KC-GEORGIA

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8N
        7-9 5.0

October Break Fun
This was our third cruise on the Carnival Dream, and our first Western Caribbean cruise.

Weather for most of the trip was perfect. We hit some small seas on Friday that had us rolling a little all the way in. My little one and I had gone down the Twister water slide 85 times by Friday - a BLAST! Because the slide was shut down due to high winds on Friday, we didn't reach our goal of 100! And that just means we need to go back.

The only port in which we did an excursion was Roatan. We enjoyed the day at the Maya Key private island excursion and would recommend that to anyone looking for a relaxing beach day. The beach, monkeys, parrots and other animals were fun to see. Lunch was very good.

Food in the dining room was good. Since the crew is generally the same week after week, we're always a bit surprised that service early in the week takes longer than later in the week.

Ate at the SteakHouse twice this cruise. Absolutely love that place. The steaks are fantastic.

Endless warnings by cruise staff and others to not go into Belize City - not sure what is up there, and not sure I would have gone in anyway, but I was a bit surprised.

The darn casino took some money from me this trip, but not as much as I took from it on our last cruise. Nice casino - good staff.

You have to expect the buffet to be crowded - and it was. It seems that having done this a few times now, we can plan to go when the lines are reasonable.

Great room steward and staff! Thanks a bunch. Stayed in 9474, an aft balcony room. Enjoyed it - no noise from the pool directly above, no hall traffic to speak of, wider balcony, easy access to Lido deck happenings. Little breeze, a little engine rumble, and because of the overhang above, it tends to collect heat and smoke (cigarette smoke if smokers are nearby). We have also stayed in a Cove Balcony on level 2 and a suite on level 7. We would stay in any of them again.

The Fun Force guys are awesome. Their show is great family fun, and their level of fitness is impressive.

All said, another great trip!

If you want to avoid lines at embarkation, grab lunch at Rusty's (new deck canal side) or some other local place and board after 1:30. Debarkation - we couldn't wait until 9:30 for our number 31 debarkation, so went to the Encore lounge with all of our luggage soon after the ship docked and were on the road by 7.

The rating numbers I entered are based on my expectations for this ship and the value. I see some negative reviews and can't help but wonder what folks were expecting on this ship.

Publication Date: 10/10/11