Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by preacha50

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: T1

Epic adventure - just O.K.
I had very high expectations for this trip, but I was disappointed in this cruise. Maybe I'm just not the freestyle cruise type, but I found the search for where to eat every night exhausting. The food in the free venues was just not good. I think I had one good meal the entire 7 days. Even the meals in the paying restaurants were not that good.

The Cirque show is good but the prefixed menu was awful - what a waste of $30. All the entertainment was pretty good, we enjoyed Legends in Concert and the Blue Man Group.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my cabin - the solo concept was a hit. Going back to my cabin each night was a highlight. The drinks are overpriced and not that good. Even the shipboard photos are overpriced. My cabin steward was awesome, but I found some of the staff to be very short and abrupt when answering questions.

We boarded the ship thinking we would would book the Hawaii cruise while on board so we could get the $100 on board credit, however, after a few days on board we decided that we would wait awhile before we decided whether or not we would cruise with NCL again.

Publication Date: 10/13/11