Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by preacha50: Epic adventure - just O.K.

preacha50
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Epic adventure - just O.K.

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I had very high expectations for this trip, but I was disappointed in this cruise. Maybe I'm just not the freestyle cruise type, but I found the search for where to eat every night exhausting. The food in the free venues was just not good. I think I had one good meal the entire 7 days. Even the meals in the paying restaurants were not that good.

The Cirque show is good but the prefixed menu was awful - what a waste of $30. All the entertainment was pretty good, we enjoyed Legends in Concert and the Blue Man Group.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my cabin - the solo concept was a hit. Going back to my cabin each night was a highlight. The drinks are overpriced and not that good. Even the shipboard photos are overpriced. My cabin steward was awesome, but I found some of the staff to be very short and abrupt when answering questions.

We boarded the ship thinking we would would book the Hawaii cruise while on board so we could get the $100 on More board credit, however, after a few days on board we decided that we would wait awhile before we decided whether or not we would cruise with NCL again. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12552

Studio suites were great; the shower is really small, but the on a whole the Studio was fabulous.