Disney Dream Cruise Review by sreeves: Nice but not as homely as the Wonder and Magic

sreeves
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Nice but not as homely as the Wonder and Magic

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We have just got home from our 2nd October cruise. This was our 5th disney cruise, the other 4 being on the Magic and the Wonder. The Dream is a gorgeous ship with lovely decor, however we felt it did miss a little bit of the warmth that the other 2 ships seem to have. Maybe this was because of the immense size of the ship, i dont know, but i have to say my preference would have to be the Wonder.
There is a lot of wasted space in the main attrium, and the dining rooms seemed a long way away?! RCI make much better use of space on their huge ships. I just didnt feel there was a great feeling on board.
All this said, the food was great, staff were fantastic as always, the Spa was heavenly, the Aquaduck was fun and there was plenty for kids to do.
My husband felt the sports bar was a bit limited to American channels, unlike the other 2 ships, and being british, he would have liked to have seen a bit more of a choice. The stateroom tv was also limited, although there was on More demand films that you can watch.
The stateroom was lovely, with lots of storage space and the split bathrooms were great for families.
A great day to go on the aquaduck was the morning of Castaway Cay as everyone got off the ship and my daughter loved being able to ride time and time again with no queues. We got off at 11.45am just in time for the bbq and enjoyed the whole afternoon on the beach.
The disney shows are broadway quality. My favourite was the golden mickeys, these shows never fail to make me cry!!! My best show by far is still disney dreams on the Wonder that show is just amazing..... The new Believe show is good and worth seeing.
We loved Animators palette for our evening meal. Crush made the night for us in there, you will have to wait and see what happens as i dont want to spoil it for anyone!The waiting staff all work hard, however i did feel the service was a little slow at times, but always very polite.
Cove cafe was a nice little treat for myself and my husband, we would have half an hour a day in there when my 12 yr old daughter was in the pool or in the kids club Vibe.
All in all, a lovely holiday, we had a balcony cabin which in my opinion makes all the difference, and adds to a more relaxing holiday. We can't wait to go again, maybe Alaska next we'll see........... Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 8 7072