Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by praised: Western Mediterrean cruise September 17-24

praised
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Western Mediterrean cruise September 17-24

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I have taken 6 cruises and many land vacations. I had look forward to Barcelona but as my planner stated, I should have researched further. Had researched further, I would be on the October 8th cruise with my friend. To kick it up a notch, we could have left on Thursday and enjoyed a full day in Barcelona. But what's done is done. The travel to the port of pleasant, enjoying Barcelona as we rode along. Embarkation was easy, the stateroom was familiar as I had cruised on Liberty of the Seas in 2009. I loved the friendliness of my stateroom attendant. The ship info was presented to us in many languages, making it convenient for all. The excursions were reasonable and the tour guides professional. I loved the service from the staff, efficient and gracious. The entertainment was superb with an abundance of talented performers. The disembarkation was on time and simple. Thank you for a wonderful trip. I am very satisfield with Royal Caribbean and look forward to returning to More the Western Mediterrean next year and experiencing the next level (seeing Barcelona.) Thank you. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 7129

I had a inside cabin. Cabins are not very important as I book a cabin by myself and neve spend much time in them. My cabin was always clean and my stateroom attendant was very friendly. I was in cabin 7129 which was ideal as I was close to the elevator.

I truly enjoyed Florence. It is a beautiful city and a walkable one. I took the train and visited San Lorenzo's market to do some shopping. Afterward I went to ZaZa's restaurant, very good food and the service was exceptional. It is located not far from San Lorenzo's.

(5)
Nice is a beautiful city. I went on a tour. The guide left us with vague directions and told us we were on our own and to meet at a location we never found. My bus partner and I got lost and wandered around Nice, asking in english and getting no response. I now know how people who come to American feel that can't speak english. It was frustrating and scary. We finally got a taxi that took us to the port. We never finish our tour, we were going to Eze. So I'll have to return next year to complete our trip of a lifetime.
Read 33 Nice Reviews

I took the train to Rome. Wonderful experience. Got on the Hop-on,Hop off bus which takes you to nine sights. You can get off, view the sights and wait for the next bus to come. I wrote around twice, then got off where I wanted to.