Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jnet2k: Carnival vs Norwegian

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Carnival vs Norwegian

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas

I must say being new to cruising, this only being my third, I was a little hesitant to try a different cruise line (Norwegian) but my husband won out. He always does! That being said, the Norwegian Sky was amazingly clean! I would give it a 4 star on that alone. Maybe it was because the Carnival ships are older, I don't know.

Embarkation was excellent. My brother and his fiancee came over from England and we had four from US (6 of us altogether)and we had no problems with passports or security. Excellent.

The rooms seemed to me to be a bit smaller on the Sky and I preferred the showers and room setup on the Victory, but here again - CLEAN!

I LOVED the dining arrangement on the Sky! We had no problem with seating. Tables were always available. The staff were excellent and, again - CLEAN!

The only thing I did find was that the menu choices seemed to be limited in comparison to Carnival. I preferred Carnival's food and of course the entertainment More factor is missing on Sky.

The buffet area on the Sky, definitely superior to Carnival.

Entertainment: better on Carnival by far!

Disembarkation: a breeze.

All in all, it depends what you are looking for. Both cruise lines have different personalities. If you're the party hard type, go Carnival. If you're picky about a clean ship, go Norwegian. If you're big on the entertainment factor, go Carnival. If you're more into sitting on the balcony and kicking back, go Norwegian.

4 out of 5 stars though for sheer cleanliness! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck

Very clean! Great balcony. Bathroom on the small side. Room on the small side. Not a bad layout but a little pokey.

(5.5)
Always fun! Beautiful island. Lots to do. I love the people there! Atlantis is a must see even if you're not doing an excursion there, just go over and sit on the boardwalk and have a drink or do some souvenir shopping. A good place to pick up your rum cakes! If you can't afford the dolphin excursion, a nice affordable alternative is swimming with the stingrays. Don't waste too much time looking for bargains, they all pretty much charge the same and are owned by the same vendors, imo. If your time is limited see if they will barter a couple of dollars off the asking price. If you have more than a day there, definitely see the rest of the island. There are some really good snorkel/diving areas and it really has a whole other personality once you leave the docking area!

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews