“Millenium Full Transit of Panama Canal”
Cruise review of Celebrity Millennium

leg Celebrity Millennium 4 Millenium Full Transit of Panama Canal
leg
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in San Diego for 2 days before we set sail. Visited Cobos San Lucas and Senior Frog Restaurant-great fun and pictures. Due to Hurrican Hillary we were not able to go to Acapulco so went to Puerto Vallarta Mexico instead. Did a private tour with the cruise line who rented us a private van for our party of 9 and we toured the city. Puerto Quetzel, Guatamala-Did the ships tour to Antiqua, beautiful city but lots of poverty. Puntarenas, Costa Rica-rented a private tour with Okey Dokey Tours-guides Charie & Evelyn who showed us the monkeys, alligators, birds and took us to the rain forest where we rode the Pacific aerial car and the tours included lunch.This was my favourite port and tour. Colon, Panama we did a private tour with My Friend Mario tours and his guide Laurie where we went by a dugout boat to the Embera Indian Village which was beautiful scenery and very interesting. The Millenium ship is a perfect size for getting around and not getting lost. Entertainment Shows were the best of any I have been on with lots of variety. Food: Absolutely delicious and lots of variety and our table staff was Julius and Robert who made every meal so much fun. The only negative is we were on Deck 2 and it was very musty smelling and we were over the loading and unloading door which made sleeping almost impossible when the luggage was being taken off or when someone was coming aboard. I thought the beds and pillows were very hard and cheap but once the ship comes out of dry dock I hope they will have better beds. I also wished they had one deck that is under cover so you could walk out of the sun all the way around the ship to get some exercise like there is on some ships.
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

032138
bad location right over the loading dock, very noisy hard to sleep. Very musty smelling in room and in hall. Beds hard and need replacing.

Visted Embera Indian Village-Beautiful scenery as we went in a dugout boat and the village amazing and they provided us with a lunch which was made right over there fire.
Port
Beautiful city-Ships tour port of Everglades included delivering us and our luggage to the airport after the tour
Read 1,110 Miami Reviews
Our group of 9 adults just finished a Sept. 19th Celebrity Panama Cruise and had Charlie from Okey Dokey Tours in Puntarenas, Costa Rica. We had a wonderful time, he was right at the port with the sign with our names on it. We had a very good English speaking guide that also rode with us named Evelyn. The monkeys were great to see and we got right up to feed them as they swung through the trees. The Aerial Tram was great to see the rain forest from above. We stopped for lunch at a great restaurant and all entry fees and lunch was included (even the beer which my group loved). Costa Rica was my favourite port. Great tour guide who provided lots of extras (including beer)
Published 10/11/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Millennium Review
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?