Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ByByeAmericanPie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ByByeAmericanPie
Carnival Valor
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Dream Honeymoon
We sailed the Valor on 9-18 to a beautiful Western Caribbean itinerary. We arrived in Miami the night before and stayed at a very nice, old art deco hotel in South Beach. We awoke on Sunday morning, walked out on the beach at 10 AM and were married...this was the perfect start to a perfect cruise.

We had originally booked one of the extended balcony room on the port aft of deck 8. 2 weeks before sailing, the Upgrade Fairy called and offered us a Grand Suite for only $800 more. I jumped on that and am glad I did. Ended up on Deck 7 in a beautiful, clean and well appointed suite.

VIP boarding was a dream come true. From the time the limo dropped us off till the time we were on board was honestly, less than 10 minutes.

We started our cruise experience with being selected to play the "Marriage Game" on stage in the theater...as the Newlywed couple. This was a blast but I must say the the couple that was married 60+ years stole the show...what an absolute riot they were. A very sweet couple to say the least. Little did we know at the time, but they broadcast this throughout the ship, and replayed it all week so from then on, EVERYWHERE we went, people recognized us. My new wife loved the attention and said that she felt like a celebrity. It made for great fun all week.

I was apprehensive about the food as I had read that Carnival changed their menus just recently, but I was pleasantly surprised. We did Anytime Dining and NEVER had to wait for a table. The wait staff ALWAYS addressed us by name and were attentive, fast and attended to our every need. The food was always perfect although sometimes not hot, but never cold. This is understandable given the amount of plates they are serving at any one time. Overall the food was very good and just as good as more upscale lines I have sailed on.

We booked all our excursions independently and had no problems with any of them. Although Roatan was boring and not our cup of tea. Probably would stay on the ship or just hit the shopping if we went there again.

Overall I give this cruise a 5 out of 5 and will remember this as the PERFECT honeymoon for years to come. I will definitely sail Carnival again!!

Publication Date: 10/07/11