Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by deepblu

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 6E
Cabin Number: E106
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Relaxing Getaway but McDonalds has better food
My wife and I took this cruise to get away for a few days and relax. My wife loves to dance and there aren't a lot of places where we live that have the music she enjoys dancing to. We had taken this cruise with our kids several years ago and knew that they had places to dance on this ship.

The Evening meal in the Elation Dining Room was very nice. Good portions with some very interesting variety that made dining there very enjoyable. The wait staff was excellent and the people we sat with at dinner were a lot of fun.

The ports of call were relaxing as well. We didn't book any shore excursions through the boat but found a great zipline tour in Catalina.

However!!!

I'm not sure if I just wasn't noticing when we took our kids with us a few years ago but the food this time on Lido deck (Paris buffet and the Grill)was sup-par to say the least. I avoid McDonalds because of the bulk mentality of their food but by the end of this cruise I was craving the HUGE step up that McDonalds would be. (okay I'm being dramatic but it really was disappointing) The food was very generic, tasteless and in most cases stale. They have 2 main food lines inside and out and they pretty much served the exact same things for breakfast. Not to mention that for some reason the ship is setup so you have to stand in line for 5 minutes to get anything to eat. There were no original dishes, nothing that was in the least bit exciting, the ice-milk was just that. Definetely not Ice CREAM. They tried to pass some sort of wet spoungy material as cheese cake and it's the first time I've had hash-browns that I had to tear apart with my mouth like beef Jerky.

I know this is quick getaway cruise that appears to be aimed at the population of Southern Cal but when I have gone on cruises in the past the food has been the highlight. Not so with the Paradise this trip.

Publication Date: 10/07/11