Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by clementjr

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: MB
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Complete Frustration
I just completed a 15 day Atlantic crossing on the Norwegian Sun. This was my 28th cruise so I feel I have some experience for comparison. This was my 6th Norwegian experience. The cruise was a very frustrating experience. NCL is evidently cutting so far back on spending that passengers are no longer high on their priority list.

The menu for dinner never changed with the exception of one specialty item at each meal. The lunch menu also remained the same. The food, however, was very good. The staff has been reduced so wait time for your food is much longer than it has been in the past. I guess the cruise line wants people to use their specialty restaurants for variety. I need to say that one night in one of those restaurants three of six members on my party got food poisoning.

The entertainment is not what it use to be. In the few shows that were held, there were no backdrops or costumes changes that bring elegance to the performances. I guess if you enjoy one man/women shows, then you would have been content.

There were two movies a day. The location that was provided to see the films was very poor and difficult to enjoy the movies.

I guess I could on and on but I assume you see my frustration. This was my last NCL cruise.

Publication Date: 10/11/11
Read the Transatlantic ports review by clementjr
More Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews