“Complete Frustration”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just completed a 15 day Atlantic crossing on the Norwegian Sun. This was my 28th cruise so I feel I have some experience for comparison. This was my 6th Norwegian experience. The cruise was a very frustrating experience. NCL is evidently cutting so far back on spending that passengers are no longer high on their priority list. The menu for dinner never changed with the exception of one specialty item at each meal. The lunch menu also remained the same. The food, however, was very good. The staff has been reduced so wait time for your food is much longer than it has been in the past. I guess the cruise line wants people to use their specialty restaurants for variety. I need to say that one night in one of those restaurants three of six members on my party got food poisoning. The entertainment is not what it use to be. In the few shows that were held, there were no backdrops or costumes changes that bring elegance to the performances. I guess if you enjoy one man/women shows, then you would have been content. There were two movies a day. The location that was provided to see the films was very poor and difficult to enjoy the movies. I guess I could on and on but I assume you see my frustration. This was my last NCL cruise.
Norwegian Sun Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mini-Suite with Balcony

MB1006
The refurbished ship was excellent. The mini-suite that I spent the 15 days in was extremely nice. Spacious and the bathroom was excellent. A great deal of closet space and drawers. The balcony did flood easily if it rained. I have no general complaints about the cabin.

Port
I have friends that live in Amsterdam so I spent the day with them. Amsterdam is an incredible city to visit.
Port
I have been to Lisbon on many occasion and did not take an excursion. I spent the day walking around and shopping.
Read 510 Lisbon Reviews
Published 10/11/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sun Review
Norwegian Sun Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?