Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by missmet31

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by missmet31
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: missmet31
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
The Perfect Itinerary
We flew into San Juan on Friday 9/23 and spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Our room was fine, clean and enjoyed the rooftop jacuzzi and pool. Perfect location was able to walk all over Old San Juan without having to spend money on cabs until we left for port.

We left for the port about 11:00 am on Sunday 9/25 and thought we would get there too early but there was already a line and we were onboard by 12:00. Went up to Windjammer to have some lunch. Our room was ready by 1:00 and all our luggage was there by 3:00 which was awesome, usually have to wait much longer for the suitcases to arrive. Our balcony was nice as it extended out but honestly we didn't get too enjoy it much with the non-stop smoking and noise from various neighbors.

We had late dining and the food in the dining room was very good. We requested a table for 2 but were seated at a table for 10. Wasn't too crazy about that but our table mates turned out to all be very friendly. One couple at our table got married onboard.

We ate at Chopps one night because I had a certificate from my travel agent. The steaks were not very good, both were overcooked. My fiance had to send his back. I have eaten in the steakhouses on Carnival, Princess and Norwegian. The appetizers were good and so was the desert. Also they do not offer Lobster and usually they have both in all of the steakhouses I have eaten at before.

There is a section off of the Windjammer where you can eat and relax on cushioned wicker sofas and it closed off except for some large windows being opened and they allow smoking in here which is horrible. You literally choke sitting in there.

There was not much variety when it came to nightly entertainment on this ship. Other than the main theatre show and singing in the main centrum area there was no other entertainment. Sorry I don't consider game shows or karaoke entertainment.

Overall I wasn't very impressed with Royal Caribbean. Maybe because it was a smaller ship not sure. I will probably try Royal Caribbean again on a bigger boat but I definitely prefer Princess over them. Picked this cruise more for the itinerary and wanted to try this line out. Definitely will not sail this ship again.

Publication Date: 10/10/11
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by missmet31
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews