Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by missmet31: The Perfect Itinerary

The Perfect Itinerary

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We flew into San Juan on Friday 9/23 and spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Our room was fine, clean and enjoyed the rooftop jacuzzi and pool. Perfect location was able to walk all over Old San Juan without having to spend money on cabs until we left for port.

We left for the port about 11:00 am on Sunday 9/25 and thought we would get there too early but there was already a line and we were onboard by 12:00. Went up to Windjammer to have some lunch. Our room was ready by 1:00 and all our luggage was there by 3:00 which was awesome, usually have to wait much longer for the suitcases to arrive. Our balcony was nice as it extended out but honestly we didn't get too enjoy it much with the non-stop smoking and noise from various neighbors.

We had late dining and the food in the dining room was very good. We requested a table for 2 but were seated at a table for 10. Wasn't too crazy about that but our table mates turned out to all be very friendly. One More couple at our table got married onboard.

We ate at Chopps one night because I had a certificate from my travel agent. The steaks were not very good, both were overcooked. My fiance had to send his back. I have eaten in the steakhouses on Carnival, Princess and Norwegian. The appetizers were good and so was the desert. Also they do not offer Lobster and usually they have both in all of the steakhouses I have eaten at before.

There is a section off of the Windjammer where you can eat and relax on cushioned wicker sofas and it closed off except for some large windows being opened and they allow smoking in here which is horrible. You literally choke sitting in there.

There was not much variety when it came to nightly entertainment on this ship. Other than the main theatre show and singing in the main centrum area there was no other entertainment. Sorry I don't consider game shows or karaoke entertainment.

Overall I wasn't very impressed with Royal Caribbean. Maybe because it was a smaller ship not sure. I will probably try Royal Caribbean again on a bigger boat but I definitely prefer Princess over them. Picked this cruise more for the itinerary and wanted to try this line out. Definitely will not sail this ship again. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7152

Our balcony 7152 was a nice size room with an extended balcony but didn't like the fact that half of the balcony had a see thru glass.

(5.5)
I absolutely loved Antigua. We did a group bus tour to Valley Church and the color of the water is amazing such a bright baby blue. Pictures don't even do it justice. I could have stayed there forever!
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

We loved Barbados! We went to Carlisle Bay and it was absolutely gorgeous. Water was so clear. There were alot of people bothering you selling stuff on the beach but other than that was just perfect.
Read 703 Barbados Reviews

We did a day pass at Sandcastle on the Beach and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the beach was. The pictures online do not do it justice. Water is kind of rocky so wear water shoes if u can but great snorkeling and very natural beach. We paid $5 each and had a chair each and access to the hotel pool and rest rooms. Pretty good deal. The bar there is awesome great drinks. I actually like St. Croix better than St. Thomas not as commercialized.

St. Lucia is a very green island reminded me a lot of Dominica. We did an excursion to Pigeon Point. It was nice but the beach wasn't all that and probably wouldn't go back again. I'm a beach person, but a person who loves nature would love this island.

Loved this island too! Liked it even more than I thought I would. It reminded me alot of Aruba. We went to Orient Beach and only a small part of the beach all the way at the end is nude. We stayed in the middle by Le String and only saw 2 topless women the whole day. We got 2 chairs with cushions, an umbrella, 2 drinks of our choice for $7 each which I thought was a good deal. The water is gorgeous!