“Everything perfect - BUT”
Cruise review of Thomson Spirit

A.Bishop Thomson Spirit 3 Everything perfect - BUT
A.Bishop
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We set sail from Corfu on a beautiful evening, having settled in to a great cabin on Thomson Spirit. For the next week we cruised the Eastern Mediterranean and Adriatic, enjoying the food and hospitality whilst on Board. The crew members, Cabin staff, entertainment, food, and general facilities were as good as any we have experienced. We took guided trips most days, and both the trips and the tour guides could not have been better, although because of the abnormal weather it was at times rather hot! In Venice we experienced St. Mark's square under a couple of inches of water, which added a bit of fun to the day. All in all we would rate the cruise as perfect from the time we sailed out of Corfu until we docked there again Now come the 'BUT'. We saw the passengers' luggage in a very large and untidy pile on the ship before it was removed to the dockside. When I tried to wheel my suitcase to the waiting coach I felt that something was wrong, but as the coach was waiting I decided to investigate when I arrived at the airport. I expected to find a wheel jammed, but to my horror one of the wheel units had been completely smashed, and the wheel was gone. I showed this to a Thomson rep, who duly completed the appropriate form. I need not have bothered. So far, despite e-mails to and fro, Thomson are totally abdicating responsibility for the damage, although it was obviously caused by rough handling on the part of their crew members. I have told them that in future I will not leave removal of my luggage to their crew - I shall take it off the ship myself when I disembark. I fail to see why they would spoil my opinion of an otherwise enjoyable cruise for the sake of the cost of a suitcase. I have only had one instance of really serious damage to a case. This was on Virgin Atlantic. They took one look at the suitcase and actually handed me a brand new replacement there and then. That is real Customer Satisfaction.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

89d005
This was a surprisingly spacious cabin, and the two Cabin Stewards gave excellent service. The cabin was always spotless when they had been in, and they even left a birthday message and a towelling 'birthday cake' for my Partner.

Port
Excellent Tour Guide. Dubrovnik is steeped in interesting history, and the Tour Guide demonstrated this very well. We also had some free time to look around for ourselves.
Port
Everything went smoothly. Views little short of fantastic. Tour and Tour Guide very good and very interesting
Read 329 Kotor Reviews
Port
We went from the port to visit the waterfalls at Kerka, which are quite spectacular. The idea of travelling one way by coach, and returning by boat was a very good idea, although the boat trip was a bit crowded.
Read 242 Split Reviews
Port
This Made for an excellent day out. We took ourselves off on our own for the day, but the boat trip was made very interesting my the guide. When we arrived back at the ship a freshen up was most welcome.
Read 936 Venice Reviews
Published 10/10/11
Thank A.Bishop
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Thomson Spirit Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?