Seabourn Spirit Cruise Review by CocoCoucou: Disappointed

Disappointed

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We recently sailed with Seabourn and despite having heard excellent things, we were disappointed, throughout our sailing.
First the good - the food was excellent. Service was good to great, would not say excellent, but was not disappointed in the dining areas.

Now the rest. When we first boarded, as soon as we set sail, the internet stopped working. I get this is a holiday, but my husband needs to stay in touch for work. It took them 3 days, and several phone calls to get it working (they kept saying 4 hours...for three days straight).
The gym would have been great if all the equipment was functioning. Two of the non-treadmill machines were broken, which led to lineups for the remaining two bikes.
When they billed me for something that I had pre-paid for, it took three phone calls and much confusion to sort it out. It wasn't "we'll take care of it" it was, "well, we'll see what happens" as if I would/could lie about it.
We never received the bottle of wine the More travel agent sent. When I asked onboard, they said they had no record of this. My travel agent had prepaid and had to spend her time on the phone to get the money back.
The icing on the cake - the night before disembarkation, we go to pack at 10:30 PM (yes, we leave everything until the last minute). When I went to take my hanging clothes, I noticed that the housekeeper had removed my clothes from all MY hangers, and put them on their wooden hangers. I called reception, who said they would contact housekeeping. 20 min later...still no housekeeping (another lady I met waited two hours for housekeeping to bring her toilet paper...she had ran out in her room). Called again. Finally the head housekeeper came with house room attendant. She gave me back some of my hangers (others got lost in the shuffle). I asked her what on earth would persuade her to do this. She said it was policy to take back their hangers. Let me specify, these were NOT wooden hangers, they were metal or plastic hangers. I then said, so even if I had paid for drycleaning, you would have taken the hangers back?

I wrote customer service. They "investigated". They were sorry but provided no explanation - not even one for the fact that on a 5 star boat they take back their hangers. They offered us $400 total as a credit towards our next cruise and wine. I cancelled the reservation I had with them for next year. I got the impression they are cutting corners, in an effort to save money. No thanks. Less

Read more Seabourn Spirit cruise reviews >>