Ocean Princess Cruise Review by Californiacruiser57

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Ocean Princess Cruise Review by Californiacruiser57
Ocean Princess
Ocean Princess
Member Name: Californiacruiser57
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BD
See More About: Ocean Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ocean Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ocean Princess Deck Plans
Ocean Princess not quite a Queen
We picked this ship because it had the ports of call that we were looking for -- we wanted to either start or end in Greece and Princess was one of the few that did this. We had never sailed with Princess before and had heard some good things about them and were looking forward to the cruise. Don't get me wrong -- how could a Greek Isles cruise be disappointing? It wasn't, but the ship was.

Embarcation was excellent -- the staff was friendly and everything went smoothly. Our cabin was a nice size.

Dinner was nice -- nothing spectacular, but not bad. The food and service were good.

What disappointed me about this ship? The cost was premium, the ship was small...we knew that, but I hoped there would be quality. The entertainment was flat-out horrid. No bands so to speak. Two duos with canned background music and they sang off-key!!!!

There was very little entertainment in the evening.

But...what ticked me off the most was that on one of excursions...we got left after being 5 minutes late.

The excursion manager could have made us happy by offering to reimburse us our out-of-pocket expense to get back to the port...or maybe buying us a drink. We were told if we had any more problems, we could go to the excursion office. IT WAS ONLY OPEN BETWEEN 5 - 7! That was our dinner time!!

When I filled out an email when we got back, a Princess rep called, but she also didn't offer to try and make me happy. (We were about about 20 Euros...I know it wasn't much money, but it was the principal -- we spent a fortune on excursions1)

The first day was at sea...on RC and Celebrity, they do a great job of selling liquor around the pool -- I would say that the ocean princess needs to go on a RC cruise and learn a few things.

Second day was at Itea (for Delphi) not listed as a port. We went on the excursion to Delphi and the Museum...was absolutely wonderful! The guide was fantastic, Delphi was amazing.

Third day was cephalonia (Argostoli) went to underground caves and lake. Was a fun thing to do especially since it was raining that day!

Publication Date: 10/10/11