Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by mrpepper: Not the Same

mrpepper
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Not the Same

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

My wife and I have sailed with Celebrity 15 or 20 times. In fact,for good quality at a reasonable cost, they have been our favorate.That was until a few weeks ago. At that time, we sailed on the Constellation from Istanbul, Turkey.
Check-in at the pier was as poorly conducted as we have ever encountered. (leaving the ship, last day, was fine)

First, the good news.The ship itself is new and well maintained. The staff and crew were wonderful, as was the entertainment, for the most part.

The bad news is that dinners onboard were well below average. In the past, this was a Celebrity strong point. They seem to be "cutting corners" and it shows. An example, a few folks in our group ordered coconut shrimp. Plain old regular shrimp arrived, no coconut breading included. When this was questioned, we were told that the clear sauce over the shrimp had a coconut flavor. The fish served was not good, salmon excepted. Meats were not up to past Celebrity standards. One meal More selection was so over-salted that everyone sent it back.

Another negative was that on this cruise to Greece and Turkey, not once did the ship play Greek or Turkish music. In fact, they refused to when asked. We were told that headquarters dictated what music was to be played and they could not change. Nor was there any greek or Turkish entertainment. The captain homself told me that he did not think passengers wanted to enjoy local

The average age of the passengers was about 60 years old and the pool entertainment was usually loud,music, was the type a 15 year old would listen to, and loud! On the other hand, in the gym, spa music was playing instaed of peppy music.

I could go on but the point I am trying to make is that, at least as I see it,a quality line has dropped a notch or two, especially in the food area.Cost-cutting seems to be rearing it's ugly head. Too bad! Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Oceanview Stateroom Plaza Deck (3)