Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by bbmom2boys: Great time....new friends!

bbmom2boys
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Great time....new friends!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

This was our 6th cruise ...5th on Carnival and it was wonderful!

Excursions - Our first stop was Cozumel been here a few times...the last two we have gone to Mr. Sanchos all inclusive beach resort! Great time....all you can eat all you can drink for $50. This time we did not take advantage of the all inclusive (you can choose ala cart also). We enjoyed the beach for a few hours then went back to the ship to eat. The have a water agility course (similar to wipe out the tv show) we laughed at the people trying that, they have chairs, umbrellas, massages, a swim up bar, and hammocks (some of these only available with the all inclusive).

Costa Rica- We took the rain forest tour...it was ok I really did not hear anyone rave about any of the excursions here.

Panama - We took the Panama Canal tour! It is 8 hours long and if you like engineering feats you will love it...if you are looking for excitement not so much. My husband was fascinated. Tons of More historical information. My suggestion would be to do some research before you go, I think that would have made it more enjoyable for me!

Stateroom- We tried an inside cabin this time (have always done balconies) just TOO SMALL for us. Clean and wonderful service just tiny.

Food - Dining room was great as always. My husband and our entire table mourned the shrimp cocktail though. We had selected the anytime dining but ended up meeting the most wonderful group of 8 that we decided to meet at 7 every night for dinner! We ate at the Sunking Steak house twice...it was AWESOME!

Entertainment on the ship - Piano bar was our FAVORITE spot! Marty was the best we have seen! The disco was a let down..I was expecting the 70's theme to mean we could have some good ole dancing music....NOT! Sports bar disappointed the guys...so many games could have been shown yet they said they could only show one at a time. Comedians were good/ok.

Ship- We sailed the Dream in January and I did not realize how much I liked it until we got on the smaller size boat again. Dont get me wrong we loved it but it seemed very cramped to me. The poles around the main staircase I swear were just calling me to turn my head and walk smack into one. We never had much problem finding deck chairs but the serenity deck is so small compared to the Dream that we never found chairs there especially none with any shade available.

Internet access was awful. My husband runs an ebay business so we thought the 240 min would be plenty to return emails at the minimum. He had to buy TWO 240 min packages just to do email...VERY FRUSTRATING!

Overall ...great cruise...great people....can not wait to go on the next one! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Panorama 1032

1032 - VERY VERY small. There was hardly any room at the foot of the bed to walk around without smacking your toe on the chair that was under the desk. There was only one mirror that was usable. The other mirror had a light installed right where your face hit so I blew dry my hair a couple of times from my knees because my husband was on the computer in front of the other one which was over the desk. Only one bank of drawers...closest space seemed the same as other rooms to me. We have never done an interior room before and will go back to balconies. Just too small for us. For one person it would be fine.