Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by kerry scott

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by kerry scott
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: kerry scott
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Dalaman
Destination: Middle East
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Fab holiday.Each to their own!
We did the Egypt and the holy land cruise on the 26th of September for a week and loved it.I have read other reviews for this cruise and just want to get a few things straight.

The whole of the staff cant do enough for you.My husband and I found 2 that we was so impressed with that we gave them a £5 tip each.We booked the cruise a year in advance so got the all inclusive free.They do different offers so check before you book.We've seen a cruise for January and its £49 each for the ai.I do advise people to pay for this even if you aren't a big drinker.You still get through plenty of soft drinks and its amazing how it starts adding up.

We didn't actually do any trips.For us this cruise was about total relaxation.We really didn't fancy the 13 hours duration and from what we heard we didn't miss all that much.Alexandria and Port said aren't very nice by all accounts.We had a walk in Larnaca,Alanya and Marmaris and found these places very nice.

We was on deck 2.Our luggage on our arrival was there within around an hour.So I guess after reading another review that they don't look after "the upper decks first!".Our cabin (708) was OK.We had 2 single beds in ours and although we would've preferred a double there was nothing to moan about.the room was cleaned and looked after.We did not hire a a safe and put our valuables inside our cases.Nothing went missing.

I do agree that the vibrations were bad especially the lower down the decks you got but this didn't bother us.We've been on 2 other thomson cruises and have enjoyed each one.I do think this was the best one out of them all.The staff really were fantastic.The entertainers were super and the food was out of this world.I am a very fussy eater and I had no problems finding anything to eat on this cruise.

The ship is as stated in a lot of reviews "tired".It is not dirty and they are always cleaning and doing odd jobs.I think for some of the jobs to be done the ship needs to be taken out of service.Around the pool especially where the tiles are coming off is bad.But that is down to thomson.The lift on the outside of our deck was broke for the whole week.This didn't bother us as we grateful for the exercise but for people with difficulties it wasn't ideal.

We would definitely go on another cruise.The value for money is excellent.I have been to so many 4 or 5 star AI hotels that cant compete with the service,food and drinks.

Publication Date: 10/07/11
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Middle East Cruise Reviews