Disney Dream Cruise Review by Thaddeusa: Disney Dream...What you would expect!

Disney Dream 5
Member Since 2010
60 Forum Posts

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Disney Dream...What you would expect!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Last Fall, I got an email with an attractive price deal for a September 2011 cruise. Having a 28 yr old, learning Disabled daughter who would live at Disney World if I let her, I wanted her to experience the ultimate "kid friendly" cruise line. I've taken her on three cruises prior to this, including the maiden voyage of the NCL EPIC from England. On the advice of a Disney's corporate cruise rep, I made contact with the ships Youth Coordinators management. After an interview, they permitted my daughter to participate in their "Teen" program, "VIBE". The consideration, care and professionalism well exceeded my expectations and that of my daughters. I barely saw her except for dinner, shows and sleeping times. I was happy for her. KUDO's to Disney's staff.

Now, I found that Disney does it a lil different then most cruise lines from the beginning to the end of the cruise:

1. The boarding process to be efficient and quick. Announcing, "The Disney Dream Welcomes (by last More name) Family".

2. Food was excellent and surprised by "No Charge" for sodas. I did find that the Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace Main Dining Rooms are poorly laid out and very tight. Comments by others passengers said the Magic and Wonder do not suffer from this problem. There is a 24/7 room service but an all night eatery would have been nice. Everything shuts down at 1:00 AM.

3. The cabin balcony cabin was roomy (for the three of us), well appointed and very comfortable. The split bath w/sink and toilet w/sink worked out great. KUDO's on their cabin design. Other cruise lines could learn a thing or two on this point.

4. Entertainment, all I can say is that NOTHING, NOBODY does it better than Disney.

5. Disembarkation, even though there wasn't a announced plan. Just go have breakfast and leave. I was shocked, no lines, no confusion, walked off, found our luggage and left.

There is more but you'll have find that out for yourself.

My experience is summed up, do it, it is a great experience for children and their families. Being retired, I was happy to feel and see the smiles on my daughters face. One day, if I ever become a grandparent, I may do another Disney cruise but until then, I'll stick with adult themed voyages.

Published 10/07/11