Disney Dream...What you would expect!: Disney Dream Cruise Review by Thaddeusa
Overall Member Rating
Disney Dream...What you would expect!
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Now, I found that Disney does it a lil different then most cruise lines from the beginning to the end of the cruise:
1. The boarding process to be efficient and quick. Announcing, "The Disney Dream Welcomes (by last More name) Family".
2. Food was excellent and surprised by "No Charge" for sodas. I did find that the Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace Main Dining Rooms are poorly laid out and very tight. Comments by others passengers said the Magic and Wonder do not suffer from this problem. There is a 24/7 room service but an all night eatery would have been nice. Everything shuts down at 1:00 AM.
3. The cabin balcony cabin was roomy (for the three of us), well appointed and very comfortable. The split bath w/sink and toilet w/sink worked out great. KUDO's on their cabin design. Other cruise lines could learn a thing or two on this point.
4. Entertainment, all I can say is that NOTHING, NOBODY does it better than Disney.
5. Disembarkation, even though there wasn't a announced plan. Just go have breakfast and leave. I was shocked, no lines, no confusion, walked off, found our luggage and left.
There is more but you'll have find that out for yourself.
My experience is summed up, do it, it is a great experience for children and their families. Being retired, I was happy to feel and see the smiles on my daughters face. One day, if I ever become a grandparent, I may do another Disney cruise but until then, I'll stick with adult themed voyages.
Cabin review: 5D6576
First time on the DREAM
Our first and probably last Di...
Dream Cruise for Our Family