Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Bigwave1129

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: M50
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

New Orleans by Train
My wife and I traveled with three other couples from Indiana to New Orleans. They guys went down by train and the gals flew down. We all went home on the train. My wife and I have been on seven cruises and this was our fifth with Carnival. We were traveling with three other couples who we had cruised with three years ago. Our group generally has a great time together, so adding a train, a cruise ship and the city of New Orleans could only add to our fun. The guys arrived Sunday afternoon and checked in to our hotel, the Hampton Inn and Suites convention center. This hotel was very clean and we were able to explore the city via trolley. The girls came in late that night and we were all able to board the ship a little after 12:00 on Monday.

This was the first Fantasy class ship my wife and I had been on, so we were a little nervous about what to expect in comparison with the bigger ships we had been on with Carnival. These fears were quickly put to rest as I found the Ecstasy to be a wonderful ship. We enjoyed the shows, but I do not like the fact that there are some nights with no show and they just play games like jeopardy and minute to win it. We also liked the late night comedians, but they were on the same nights as the shows, so you had to choose. In a perfect world, that could have been planned a little better. Our group really had a ball in the piano bar. I must say, this is an area I have never really frequented in all my other cruises, but we had an absolute ball in this bar. Please check out Frank if you ever get a chance. He truly made an impression on our group.

Our stops were Progresso and we did the Corona beach party. I know a lot of people encourage you to go it alone in Progresso. I am so glad we did not follow that advise. There was military personnel everywhere and we were bused right to our excursion. We enjoyed the beach, the beer and the food. The girls got massages and our guide Alan brought the guys all kinds of food. In Cozumel, we did the best excursion I have ever been on. The dune buggy beach break was incredible. Our guides, Monty and Arturo took us through a small Mayan ruin, crocidiles, snorkeling, a light house and a real nice Mexican meal. The dune buggy ride was much more relaxing than I had anticipated. I highly recommend this tour.

In conclusion, we enjoyed our time on the Ecstasy and I would love to sail her again.

Publication Date: 10/06/11