Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Alfcrasher: First Timers

First Timers

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Baltimore

My wife & I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary in May. This was our anniversary gift to ourselves. We left Baltimore on Sept. 22, 2011 and sailed to Portland, ME, Bar Harbor, ME, St. John - Fundy Canada, Over to Halifax, N.S., down to Boston, MA & then to Baltimore, MD

Capt. Gus was GREAT along with the rest of the crew & staff. Our stateroom steward Alvin & a girl in the Windjammer - Sophia went up & above their duties for us.

We like to do "Hop On - Hop Off" tours, on Royal Caribbean website & the woman at the Excursions Desk said there went any for Boston. We got off the ship, saw information & asked about them. Boston has them she told us & told us where to go to find them. We paid $50.00 for both of us & got to choose 1 of 5 free side trips while on the Hop On - Hop Off. Great value I think.

Other that, I think we had a GREAT time. I'll travel on The Enchantment of the Sea again & with Royal Caribbean Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 4 3648

We had a outside cabin. Great view of everything. Windows dirty on the outside, don't plan to take pictures thru windows. If you are a large person, the showers are very narrow. GREAT room steward !

You are tendered from the ship to Bar Harbor. About a 10 - 15 minute ride. Nice little shops & friendly people. Took a tour to Cadillac Mountain & Thunder Hole. It was cloudy, & you really couldn't see anything on top of the mountain, but the tour was BEAUTIFUL. Saw the "Hanging Rock" or "Bubble Rock".

Got back to town, got off the bus, made a left & found I think it was O'Learys' Irish Pub. I sits back in off of the street. Small, maybe about 3-4 tables, the bar & Good food. And really cheap. Went into some shops & found a soda that is a blueberry soda. Umm good.

Very busy city. Got off the ship & walked thru the Artisian Market

Read 356 Halifax Reviews

Nice city. Went to Kennebunk, ME for a bus tour & tour of the harbor/bay. Showed us houses that you really could not see except for one. The Wedding Cake house. They pulled to the side for about 2 minutes to get a couple of photos & that was it. The tour of the harbor/bay was so-so. He showed you where the first President Bush lives at during the summer. Then they pulled a lobster trap & showed you how they measure & check to see if they are legal length & male or female.

Not a lot of time to shop IF you get something to eat. And if the someone who works at one of the restaurant if you are with a cruise ship ? Make sure you don"t have anything on or showing that you ARE. Tell them NO, I think my wife & I wee taken across at the one we ate at. We paid almost $70.00 for 2 lobster rolls, $ unsweetened ice teas, & 2 desserts.

Other than that, we enjoyed Portland, what little time we spent there. We spent about 3 hors in Portland before our tour to Kennebunk.

A tent that has vendors inside. You can buy almost anything in there. Shot glasses, pins to jewelery & wood crafts. We did the Hop On Hop Off saw the park, The Jewish Museum, Fort Howe Lookout & The Farmers Market or City Market. Got on another Hop On Hop Off & went over to see the Reversing Rapids. Unusual act of nature. Got to see where the continents met millions of years ago. The light & dark granite is where they believe North Africa & North America were once connected. Very friendly & helpful people.