Thomson Spirit Cruise Review by Gil Davies: Absolutely loved it! Well done Thomsons.

Gil Davies
0 Post

Absolutely loved it! Well done Thomsons.

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We actually started our cruise in Corfu but the option wasn't there to choose. We flew from Manchester , easy check in, no queues. When we got to Corfu it was the same, very efficient staff, we were soon on ship. i was surprised at the size of the cabin, i thought it would be smaller, ample room for case to be stored, 2 large wardrobes, huge mirror over dressing table, full length mirror on door. 2 electric sockets on dressing table, 110 & 220, no need for my extension cable! It was kept spotlessly clean for the 2 weeks, we would go for a cuppa and return to a pristine room, how did Carla know we had nipped out? The ship was much better than I expected , I had heard some others saying that it was worn , well so is my home.The cleaning staff are always busy , it may be worn but it is not dirty.

All the staff are fantastic, from all departments, always a smile and a joke, lovely people. Thomson entertainment crew are brilliant, great shows every night, so much energy. More Richard Grey was our CD, what a nice bloke.There is lots to do, to suit everyone's tastes.

The food was fantastic, we ate in the Lido and Compass Rose and couldn't fault it.One of our party was in Heaven, steak&muhroom pie, Irish stew,etc.It was all there if you wanted. Oh, and the scones, 3.30 every day except Friday.

The ports of call were all wonderful, only did one excursion and that was just a bus transfer into Athens, glad I saw it all but wouldn't go into it again, lots of stray dogs roaming, my husband was on edge the whole time in case one got knocked over.As it happened, there was a student demonstration and the centre of Athens was closed which made our bus an hour late picking us up, if we had diy it would mean the Metro was shut, the ship was leaving at 4, a bit scary.My favourite was Mykonos, beautiful. Dubrovnik was breathtaking, so was Kotor. Sorry, I could go on and on. We loved it, thank you Thomson. Less

Read more Thomson Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Spirit 339

Our cabin was handy for Compass Rose restaurant and Reception. It was underneath cinema which we only realised on the 1 early night we had.Didn't keep us awake. A bit noisy in morning if you wanted a lie in, with everyone saying a cheery " Good Morning". Plenty of room, kept very clean.