Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by butterflies266: Carnival Liberty-September 2011

butterflies266
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty-September 2011

Sail Date: September 2011

Myself and some friends sailed on the Liberty on September 24th out of Miami. We arrived at the port about 10:00am and was checked in right away and only had to wait about 2 hours or so to board the ship, and then we were on our way!

The ship itself is very pretty, the layout can be kind of confusing at first but you quickly figure it out! We had a balcony stateroom and it was just perfect! I have read a lot of reviews about the bad service and the meals being terrible but I did not experience any of this!! From our room steward to the dining room staff and even staff we seen just in passing, everyone had a smile on their face and always said hello! I especially loved the dining room wait staff, they always knew how to make us feel welcome and asked us about our day and could always keep us laughing..they even had me get up and dance with them at our last dinner!! As for the meals, I never tried one thing I didn't like.....now this is my 3 time cruising with Carnival so I More already have my favorites, but the new things I did try were amazing! I especially loved the Mongolian wok bar and the fish and chips station as these were new to me and they were amazing!! There is normally a long line for these but well worth it!!! I had heard Harry's steakhouse which is an alternative dining that you have to pay for was amazing but we never did get to try it!

As for the rest of the cruise, there was always something to do and lots of activities going on that kept us very busy, and the cruise director Kirk and the assistant cruise director Brian were wonderful and knew how to make everyone have a good time!!! Like I said before, I have cruised 5 times and this was my 3rd with Carnival and they are by far by favorite cruise line and I will be choosing them again and again!!! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8305

We were in Cabin 8305 which was located on deck 8 and the size of the room was great and the balcony was great, only downside is that it is located under the lido deck and every morning we woke up early with pool chairs sliding back and forth above us!!

We chose not to do an excursion as this port of call as we just did a lot of research before we went and found some snorkeling spots that we heard were great and we took a cab to each of those locations. Dzul-ha was a good place, then we took a cab over to Carlos and Charlies....this was a much busier place with a nicer beach and good food. Then we went over to Playa Corona which the snorkeling there was excellent! There isn't much to do there and there is no beach just rocks and coral but we knew that prior to going so we didn't mind it at all and it was very quite, at one point we were the only people there besides the few workers that were there as they do serve food and drinks!

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews