- Parking at port in NYC, too much, $210; look for NJ parking and take ferry
- Food on ship was very good. Lido cafe - not so much (too much like a college cafeteria), avoid the Lido coffee, coffee in MDR was good, excellent at coffee bar; food in MDR was excellent, evening at Canaletto Italian Rest. was very nice. Didn't eat in Steakhouse. I recommend having your breakfasts in the MDR. Burgers at poolside were very good too.
- Cabin was the largest we've had on any of our 5 cruises, NCL, Celebrity, 2 cruises on Azamara; bathroom was spacious, bed very comfortable, lots of closet space & storage. Very nice!
- Cabin service was excellent!
- Food service was good, servers could been more conversational, we did the open dining, not pre-set time, did have a few very nice food servers.
- Golf at Ocean View was a bargain on Tuesday which offered a 2 for 1; outstanding views, course More
was in ok shape, grass a bit long in fairways
- Fitness Room was very good, ship had a Concept 2 Rowing machine, (Model C) no monitor but worked well. Many treadmills, Elliptical, free weights, & weight machines. Great Sauna room, very hot.
- Pool Area was a bit small, we hardly used.
- Back sun deck was nice, some of the lounge chairs need repairing but this deck was very nice.
- Casino was small but very efficient in taking guests money.
- Shopping on board was very nice with some decent bargains on day 5 & 6.
- Entertainment was excellent, Mark Donata, singer was excellent as was the soloist lead female. Dancers were good. Magician Jeff and his dog Indy were very entertaining.
- Activities on board were very good, thanks Clare, (activity coordinator)
- Library on board was great, don't bring a book!
- Walking track on deck 6 was good.
- If returning to Bermuda, check out Gibbs Lighthouse, very nice visit, awesome island views. A bit scary out on the cat-walk at top of lighthouse if your afraid of heights.
- Ocean water in mid-September was very comfortable, visited Horseshoe Bay two days. Also visited Captain John Smith beach, was small and ok, wouldn't recommend if visiting from a cruise ship.
- Summary, I would definitely travel on Holland America and the Veendam again. The ship was a pleasantly very very nice, great size with less than 1,400 passengers. The two ports, St. George's & Hamilton also made this a wonderful trip. Bermuda is always very nice. And Bermudians are very welcoming. Most likely will be on the Veendam next August or September. Happy Cruising. Less
Seems like cruise ships are not allowed in St. George's any longer. Local Bermuda ferry tenders guests to St. George, very nice Bermuda town. Short walks to St. Catherine's or Tobacco Bay beach. Both very nice.