Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Smiling Lady

Cruise Date: August 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Norwegian Sky....darn you.....I'm addicted now!! :)
Never having cruised before.....I was more than a little nervous! No matter how many times people told me I wouldn't know I was on water....I wasn't convinced!The 3-day trip to the Bahamas was more than enough to convince me!! From the embarking.....which was a breeze....to the dis-embarking.....even breezier.....everything was fantastic! The cabin with it's balcony, was a nice surprise!Great to be able to watch Miami disappear from view as we set sail :) Yes, it was small......but certainly big enough for the amount of time we spent in there! Plenty of storage for the trip, bathroom was better that I expected. The cabin steward kept it spotless and we loved his towel animals!! :)

We tried various dining options, including The Garden Cafe ( buffet), Cagneys and Il Adagio, no problems anywhere....food was fine....and I am fussy.....and our daughter is Vegetarian!

We enjoyed the shows we saw.....a comedian whose name escapes me ( sorry ) and Soul Rockin Nights...very energetic!

We were fortunate enough to be invited to cocktails with the Captain....Ron Crastina...what a lovely man :) Each and every crew member we met anywhere on the ship was cheerful and polite!

We visited the casino each evening.....but no big wins!! Lol. Nice atmosphere in the casino. All=in=all, a thoroughly great introduction to cruising....I am converted! :)

Publication Date: 10/03/11