Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Smiling Lady: Norwegian Sky....darn you.....I'm addicted now!! :)

Smiling Lady
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Norwegian Sky....darn you.....I'm addicted now!! :)

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Never having cruised before.....I was more than a little nervous! No matter how many times people told me I wouldn't know I was on water....I wasn't convinced!The 3-day trip to the Bahamas was more than enough to convince me!! From the embarking.....which was a breeze....to the dis-embarking.....even breezier.....everything was fantastic! The cabin with it's balcony, was a nice surprise!Great to be able to watch Miami disappear from view as we set sail :) Yes, it was small......but certainly big enough for the amount of time we spent in there! Plenty of storage for the trip, bathroom was better that I expected. The cabin steward kept it spotless and we loved his towel animals!! :)

We tried various dining options, including The Garden Cafe ( buffet), Cagneys and Il Adagio, no problems anywhere....food was fine....and I am fussy.....and our daughter is Vegetarian!

We enjoyed the shows we saw.....a comedian whose name escapes me ( sorry ) and Soul Rockin Nights...very More energetic!

We were fortunate enough to be invited to cocktails with the Captain....Ron Crastina...what a lovely man :) Each and every crew member we met anywhere on the ship was cheerful and polite!

We visited the casino each evening.....but no big wins!! Lol. Nice atmosphere in the casino. All=in=all, a thoroughly great introduction to cruising....I am converted! :) Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck 0230

For me, the balcony stateroom was ideal....we were mid-ship so close to everything. Being able to walk out onto our own balcony made my cruise!! Loved it!

We chose not to do any excursions around Nassau, but just to wander by ourselves. Although we enjoyed this, mooching around the shops and the narrow streets, I found the shops to be * much of a muchness*......too many jewellery shops for me! We found some nice bars and cafes for drinks and a bite to eat, but other than this, we actually found Nassau to be very crowded.....there were 2 HUGE cruise ships docked at the same time...so we came back on board The Sky early!

We also visited Great Stirrup Cay...Norwegian's private island.....loved it!!! Renovation work under way but not obtrusive. Barbecue lunch was fantastic! Snorkeling was fun....so I'm told....I was too busy catching the sun's rays and people-watching from my sun-lounger!

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews