Carnival Elation Cruise Review by bearypurplelady: First Time Cruiser - Nervous After Reading Negative Reviews

bearypurplelady
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruiser - Nervous After Reading Negative Reviews

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Mobile

I read the reviews regarding the Carnival Elation, sailing out of Mobile and many were so much more negative than positive. I was completely ready to back out of the deal. Let me tell you - I am so glad that it is just other people's opinions and not facts!! Because we found all the negative remarks to be just simply be false!!

The crew was fantastic and friendly. Our cabin steward got to know us on a first name basis from day one and was very eager to make sure that we were comfortable and all our needs were met. The statements about the ship not being clean - the crew was constantly cleaning!! Our cabins were cleaned twice each day and when they were not cleaning rooms, they were washing down the walls in the hallways, scrubbing floors, mopping, etc. There were also claims that none of them were friendly and would not even speak to you. Again, simply false! Every time you pass a staff member in the hallway, they would always acknowledge you and speak to you. The food service More was great - again, debunking claims that service was not good. They were always right there to refill glasses, take away plates, clear the table, etc.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked future cruises with them. I would advise any first time cruisers to not always go by the negative reviews because everyone's perception is different. If you go looking for things to complain about, I am sure you will find them. However, if you are looking for a nice, affordable, great, relaxing time - then go and don't care what everyone else thinks and make it what you want!! We did and I am so glad!! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Interior Empress

We were quite surprised at the space we had in our cabin. It was myself, my husband, and our son all in one cabin and we had plenty of room. The closet space was bigger and roomier than expected also.

We loved Cozumel!! It is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking there! We did not do any shore excursions as we wanted to just do some shopping and then relax back on the ship.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

Progreso was nice but not as pretty as Cozumel. Again, we chose not to do any shore excursion because we only wanted to do some shopping and go back on the ship for some relaxation.

Read 284 Progreso Reviews