“First Time Cruiser - Nervous After Reading Negative Reviews”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

bearypurplelady Carnival Elation 5 First Time Cruiser - Nervous After Reading Negative Reviews
bearypurplelady
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
I read the reviews regarding the Carnival Elation, sailing out of Mobile and many were so much more negative than positive. I was completely ready to back out of the deal. Let me tell you - I am so glad that it is just other people's opinions and not facts!! Because we found all the negative remarks to be just simply be false!!

The crew was fantastic and friendly. Our cabin steward got to know us on a first name basis from day one and was very eager to make sure that we were comfortable and all our needs were met. The statements about the ship not being clean - the crew was constantly cleaning!! Our cabins were cleaned twice each day and when they were not cleaning rooms, they were washing down the walls in the hallways, scrubbing floors, mopping, etc. There were also claims that none of them were friendly and would not even speak to you. Again, simply false! Every time you pass a staff member in the hallway, they would always acknowledge you and speak to you. The food service was great - again, debunking claims that service was not good. They were always right there to refill glasses, take away plates, clear the table, etc.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked future cruises with them. I would advise any first time cruisers to not always go by the negative reviews because everyone's perception is different. If you go looking for things to complain about, I am sure you will find them. However, if you are looking for a nice, affordable, great, relaxing time - then go and don't care what everyone else thinks and make it what you want!! We did and I am so glad!!
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4D
We were quite surprised at the space we had in our cabin. It was myself, my husband, and our son all in one cabin and we had plenty of room. The closet space was bigger and roomier than expected also.

Port
We loved Cozumel!! It is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking there! We did not do any shore excursions as we wanted to just do some shopping and then relax back on the ship.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Progreso was nice but not as pretty as Cozumel. Again, we chose not to do any shore excursion because we only wanted to do some shopping and go back on the ship for some relaxation.

Read 367 Progreso Reviews
Published 10/02/11
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?