Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Fafnar

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Relaxing with 6000 people
I frankly didn't think it would be possible to relax on the Oasis of the Seas. A ship that huge with so much going on seemed the wrong place to go and try to relax and recover from a summer which included the death of my mother, surgery and job craziness. But my DH wanted to check out the ship and I figured I could sit in our room if it became too much to handle. I was wrong. Because the ship HAS so many different venues, you can create an extremely relaxing vacation all your own.

The embarkation was a breeze. Our room was ready when we boarded at 1:30. After exploring a bit, we planned how to relax. I started with a massage from Virginia on the first day. She eased my tensions so much that I went back on the fourth day and had another. We found the quiet outside deck area on deck 14. Not only did very few people ever appear, but no staff selling drinks came around either. And it was the perfect place to star gaze at night. No music either. And there was enough of a breeze to stay cool as we read books and napped.

We avoided the Windjammer the entire trip and had quiet meals in the Solarium Bistro and Park Cafe. Dinner was always in the main dining room. The waiters remembered after the first night that DH preferred ice tea and our table wanted extra butter and rolls. Our table companions were interesting to talk with too.

We reserved all our shows in advance, so just walked in and enjoyed quality entertainment(with the exception of the comedians)every night. The cruise director was the best we've had. The champagne bar was the perfect spot to quietly enjoy a drink and even caviar one night. And the cafe in the spa made wonderful fruit drinks.

We used our ocean view balcony at times, but not as much as I assumed we would. Our cruise was completely stress free. We returned refreshed and ready to return to work.In the past, we've done the party cruise, the family vacation cruise, the shopping at every port cruise and the adventure cruise. The complete relaxing cruise on the biggest ship out there was one of the best.
Publication Date: 10/02/11