Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by triniguese: 5 star ship with 3 star service

triniguese
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

5 star ship with 3 star service

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We chose Royal Carribean for the Dreams work experience and based on the reviews. We were taken back by how beautiful and clean the ship was. With a water park, rock climbing, mini golf, boxing rink, ice rink and flowrider, this ship was first class.

Other than that there is really nothing great to say about our cruise experience with Royal caribbean. We have cruised with our companies and were shocked on our first day to find out that we had to buy a package for soft drinks and a juice package for our kids. Once purchased, the juice for kids was not available in our room for 24 hours (standard practice)! Not only that but they have actually purchased machines that will read your drinking mugs to ensure you are not filling up too quickly...even though you have purchased an unlimited package...huh?? that really got us mad!

They have a kids camp and the counsellors there are completely unfriendly and not suited to take care of kids. They do not say hello when they More arrive, they don't ask or care to remember their names. The security system is very poor. When you pick them up they ask you our room number and then actually say our child's names aloud to you?? So anyone could pick my kids up. I am used to other camps on cruise lines, scanning our sea passes, scanning the child's camp wrist band and providing a password to collect your child.

Guest services are just useless, whenever I called, I would be put on hold so they could find the answer to my question. 95% of the staff on the ship do not care to be there, they do not say hello, smile or help out in any way. Our wait staff was just horrible, so much so we ended up going to the buffets and didn't even tip them..it was just that bad. Overall I was astonished as to how bad the service was on this ship. I will not cruise with Royal Caribbean again and already have not recommended it to friends and family. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>