Veendam Cruise Review by lskywalk: Beautiful Bermuda on the Veendam

Compare Prices on Veendam Bermuda Cruises

Beautiful Bermuda on the Veendam

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I would first like to thank fellow members for their outstanding reviews; I rely on your reviews when selecting a cruise and activities. My wife and I arrived about 11:30 at the MCT, parked our car and entered the cruise terminal buiding.

I was very impressed with check-in, less than 20 minutes until we boarded. We also were able to check out our stateroom immeditly, nice touch.

We have sailed about 14 cruises, this was our first HAL cruise. The Veendam was in great shape. From our stateroom to public areas she was spotless and beautiful. I like the touch of having fresh flower arrangements on the dining tables and around the ship.

Our stateroom attendants couldn't have been any better, by far the best towel animal creations:) We had no problems with the AC in our cabin or any garbage smell, we stayed on deck four. The food was excellent in the main dinning room, we dined one evening in the Canaletto restaurant, good food and service for no extra charge. We More unfortunately didn't make reservations in time for the Pinnacle Grill Restaurant, my advice is to book early.

As mentioned in other posts the Veedam docks on Front Street in Hamilton, you are in the heart of a beautiful city and closer to more activities/shopping.

The ship's crew was very friendly and helpful, I liked that overhead announcements were kept to a minimum.

The only area I thought was lagging was the entertainment, the ship relies on smaller Broadway type shows for the most part, we are just more Vegas type show fans. The comedian/magician was enjoyable, I wish they had more of that type of entertainment. Also keep in mind this is not a party ship, after 11pm the ship was fairly quiet if you like to kick up your heels to the early morning hours.

We mostly did activities on our own, we did book the railway bike tour with HAL, I would recommend it to others, the tour staff was excellent and we had a terrific time with them.

Overall HAL and the Veendam is an excellent choice for your next cruise, we will not hesitate to sail with them to our next cruise getaway! Less

Read more Veendam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Veendam Review >>

Cabin review: Veendam Large Oceanview with Portholes A

Cabin was a nice size with plenty of storage space. The bed was very comfortable and the cabin was quiet at night. The bathroom had a tub and was very modern.