Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ltlecindergrl

Cabin Category: 4S
        Under 3 1.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Big Fail
This ship was a disappointment, it was a good vacation because I was with family but this was my second cruise with carnival and I do not feel that I would cruise on Carnival again.

This is one of the new ships and as a customer you would not know that by the performances and the maintenance on the boat. WASH YOUR WINDOWS!! I am very disappointed where we are located for formal dinner, we never saw the shows and our servers would switch orders, and my husbands water was always empty. The music from the piano and singing stage on level 4 or 5 was extremely loud. Food from room service would stay outside of rooms way to long. I don't want to see someone's half eaten breakfast as I am returning to my room to get ready for the afternoon.

Carnival is known as a family oriented cruise line but from the way Fun Dude would make jokes about children in the Family comedy hour you would not think so. The food was extremely better than the last carnival I went on, but the sushi bar wasn't as good, I want sushi that I choose not what they choose.

Your pasta bar needs to be revamped, I shouldn't have to wait 15 minutes to get plain noodles. The woman who was up at the pasta bar (she was often in the formal dining crimson early seating) was extremely rude and should not talk to the guests.

When we booked this cruise I made sure we would be able to get high chairs when we needed them, it would take the people in the gathering 15 minutes to find one and was irritated we would ask. The people working in the gathering never came up to our table for help, or offer refills I would see them gathered together and chatting it up. Drinks (the ones that are included with the cruise) should be available ANYTIME of the day, I would have liked to have the guava punch for lunch, why does it only have to be available at breakfast. Big disappointment, I love cruising and I am going to love cruising on other cruise lines from now on.

The water slide were nice, and flowed smoothly. The person we had in charge of our room was great. The spa was nice, until they shut down the the Thalasso pool (that they rant and rave about, it was closed the last sea day for inspection). Room was nice, small but nice.

Great for a first cruise because you have nothing to compare it to but if you have been on RCCL (Royal Caribbean) Don't waste your time or money, save up a little more and go on RCCL. I have never been on Norwegian but only heard good things (we are going to explore that cruiseline next).

Publication Date: 09/30/11