Carnival Magic Cruise Review by nick blue: 12 Nights from

12 Nights from

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Our cruise on the Carnival Magic started off on a bad note. When we checked in we were told that the itinerary was changed. Instead of going to Naples Italy, the ship was diverted to Marseilles,France this was due to a worker strike in Italy. I think we should have been notified prior to the departure date so we had time to change our plans. I do not hold Carnival at fault for this situation, in fact they helped us make the changes we had committed to.

Now comes the next problem. My wife and I were put in a cabin that was located above the Steak House Galley. We turned in about 10:30 pm and at 11:45 pm we were woken by load noise coming from the galley. It continued for about an hour or more then quit. Just as we were finally getting back to sleep the noise woke us again about 3 - 3:30am. After the 2nd night we got up up at 3am and went to deck 5, the door to the Steak House was open and went in. We discovered the source of the noise, it was a cleaning crew cleaning a More stainless steel galley at 3am. At that time we wnet to guest services and complained.

The next day Anna the guest service mgr and my wife and I met and discussed our problem. We asked for a different cabin but there were none since the ship was full. I do believe Anna tried her best to rectify the problem especially since they duplicated the noise in the galley and listened in our cabin. The noise continued for the rest of the cruise although after our complaint it seemed like they were aware of the problem.

Although the Magic is a larger and newer ship it was designed to make room for more cabins and everything else was downsized. The entertainment was not great and they had fewer 8 o'clock shows. In the future we will stick to the smaller ships. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Upper 6440

Small balcony and "Noisy"

You need more than a day to see the city

We went on the cable car and looked down the the walled city and harbour.

Take the trolly tour to the Basilica of Notre Dame

Monte Carlo is for the rich and famous. Have a cocktail at the cafe adjacent to the casino and people watch.

Read 189 Monaco Reviews

We used a private tour and were extremely impressed with our tour guide

(5.5)
Would go back again. Took the tour of Burano and Murano. Ate a a small cafe of the beaten path and the food was great.

Read 504 Venice Reviews