Great time in New England & Canada: Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by michig
Overall Member Rating
Great time in New England & Canada
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
The ship reflected the high standard we were used from previous cruises.
We were a little bid astonished that opening hours of Horizon Court were changed - closing by 24 o clock.
The entertainment programme could have been a little bid better - the piano man was "solala", the dance company seemd a bid tired.
Overall the ship was great, the service friendly, the food delicious, everything clean ...
Regarding the Ports:
- Halifax: don´t book any hop-on/hop-off tour ... the town is small - you can easily walk to every destination! Peggy´s Cove instead is a tour worth!
- Saint John: we had foggy weather - unfortunately - but a hop-on/hop-off is the money worth (gets you to the reversing rapids, ....)
- Bar Harbour: (a tender port) - the greatest Port on our cruise ;-)) ... a great town - with a wonderful surrounding (Acadia National Park) - take More either a tour of Acadia Natinoal Park with the free bus provided in town or book a tour with Acadia National Park Tours (which we did)
- Boston: just buy tickets from the port to the city - they take you directly to the city center - you can easily walk "freedom trail" up and down - and have a little time for browsing and shopping at Quincy Market - unfortunately there isn´t much more time for other actions ;-((
- Newport (a tender-port): you have to walk the cliff-walk !! Just take the yellow public bus to the final stop and then enjoy the scenery. Plan approx 3 hours for the complete way - and take good shoes (the path is very "rocky" in some parts)
- New York: there is nothing to add to this great City ,-)) Less
Cabin review: BA Balcony
We had a cabin on Riviera deck - so no one above us who could "spy" on us ... ;-)) The cabin is like all cabins on Princess ships: just the right size - everything there you need; a small closet, a small bathroom with shower New flat screen TV ;-))Read All Balcony (BA) Reviews >>
Good - Except for the food/Wom...
OK not great: Easy to make it ...
RCI continues to decline in ma...
Strong in some areas, weak in ...
Highly disappointing, and prob...