Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by michig: Great time in New England & Canada
Overall Member Rating
Great time in New England & Canada
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Carribean Princess was again worth sailing with Princess Cruises.
The ship reflected the high standard we were used from previous cruises.
We were a little bid astonished that opening hours of Horizon Court were changed - closing by 24 o clock.
The entertainment programme could have been a little bid better - the piano man was "solala", the dance company seemd a bid tired.
Overall the ship was great, the service friendly, the food delicious, everything clean ...
Regarding the Ports:
- Halifax: don´t book any hop-on/hop-off tour ... the town is small - you can easily walk to every destination! Peggy´s Cove instead is a tour worth!
- Saint John: we had foggy weather - unfortunately - but a hop-on/hop-off is the money worth (gets you to the reversing rapids, ....)
- Bar Harbour: (a tender port) - the greatest Port on our cruise ;-)) ... a great town - with a wonderful surrounding (Acadia National Park) - take More either a tour of Acadia Natinoal Park with the free bus provided in town or book a tour with Acadia National Park Tours (which we did)
- Boston: just buy tickets from the port to the city - they take you directly to the city center - you can easily walk "freedom trail" up and down - and have a little time for browsing and shopping at Quincy Market - unfortunately there isn´t much more time for other actions ;-((
- Newport (a tender-port): you have to walk the cliff-walk !! Just take the yellow public bus to the final stop and then enjoy the scenery. Plan approx 3 hours for the complete way - and take good shoes (the path is very "rocky" in some parts)
- New York: there is nothing to add to this great City ,-)) Less
Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>
Cabin review: BA Balcony
We had a cabin on Riviera deck - so no one above us who could "spy" on us ... ;-)) The cabin is like all cabins on Princess ships: just the right size - everything there you need; a small closet, a small bathroom with shower New flat screen TV ;-))Read All Balcony (BA) Reviews >>
One of my best trips yet in ov...
Beautiful ship, but "old" mech...
Not what we expected when book...
Older small ship with class an...
Relaxed with exciting ports.
Princess is not what it used t...
Western Carribean Cruise