Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by o2bme: Not bad, Not great!

o2bme
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Not bad, Not great!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas

The ship is not real big, so it does not have a ton of amenities on board. This is fine as it stops at a different port everyday - no "fun" day at sea.

The room was clean and well maintained. The cabin stewards did a great job with the service. My only compliant, is that we never got clean washcloths during the day. They would remove them and not replace them until the last service was done. I think they had a linen shortage.

Entertainment was ok, very basic, but again with a new port everyday and the smaller size of the ship they did ok.

My biggest complaint was the poor flow and presentation of the buffet. Plates were always hot. Not good, when you are getting fresh fruit or salad. The salad lines had the plates, followed by the toppings, then the lettuce and dressing. The lettuce should have been the first item. Many of the salad dressings were simply left in the kraft dressing bottles and placed on the buffet. Looked like my grandpa's backyard bar-b-que. More Not a presentation I expect on a cruise ship.

They had trouble with the waffle irons every morning. Out of the two, usually one was broke everyday. The omelet station was in the corner of the buffet lines, so it always created a traffic jam. If you opted not to wait in the mop for a waffle or omelet, they did have scrambled eggs. GROSS - that is all I can say. I tried them one day and they were disgusting. One other cruises that I have taken, the dining rooms was open in the morning if you preferred a sit down breakfast. This one did not have that option, so the choice was limited to the buffet. Room service for breakfast was also very limited, basically pastries and fruit, no hot items.

The evening dining room experience was much better, food was good, service was good and I really like the "free-style" dining. Eat dinner when you wanted.

Bottom line, they need to recruit a new team to do the buffet items. Determine a better design for the flow and presentation and perhaps open the dining room for a sit down breakfast option.

Everything else was good overall. I would try Norwegian again, just probably not the Sky. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>