Disney Dream Cruise Review by theking329: As usual for Disney...Magical!

theking329
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

As usual for Disney...Magical!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our second cruise with Disney and I cannot say enough as to how wonderful it was.Disney has a special way of feeling like you are special and welcome. From the time we landed at the airport to check in and board the bus, to being welcomed by name while boarding the ship, to greetings from Jayson and Dexter (our wait staff) and Jeawe, our cabin hostess.

Once you dock on Castaway Cay, make sure you get off the ship early to put your beach towels on one of the lounge chairs and make your way into the beautiful waters. My son and I (along with people we meet aboard) swam out to find the sunken Mickey and Minnie. We made it as far as Minnie (Mickey was just too far out) If you ask the life guards, they will tell you where to find them. Whatever you do, don't miss Cookies BB-Q the chicken and corn on the cob were great as too were the chocolate chip cookies. After lunch it was back in the water. My son and his new found friends played on the wooden structure. We were More too tired to go to the water slide but it did look like fun. My only question is, what happened to the Flying Dutchman? We didn't see many characters while on Castaway Cay, but that doesn't mean they weren't there, it just means we were having too much fun in the water.

I love sailing with Disney so much so that I booked our next cruise (Alaska-August 2012) while on board! Cant wait to do it again!!!!

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 9 5542

When we walked into our cabin, I was amazed as to the size of the balcony. We could have put two lounge chairs as wall as the four chairs and the table that was already out there.

We had booked an early excursion to Blue Lagoon Island so we could swim with the sea lions (our second time doing this excursion). We had to meet in the Buena Vista Theatre at 9:30am. We were promptly check in and given our wrist bands and headed down the three flights of stairs to disembark the ship. Once outside we were guided through (for lack of a better thing to call it) the mall and outside again to head for the tender to take us to Blue Lagoon. Make sure you hold on to your traveling companions and keep a very close eye on the others that are on the excursion with you. Not only are you walking through the mall, but you also have to navigate your way through the VERY busy streets of VERY crowded Nassau, through the VERY jammed packed (again, for lack of anything else to call it) Tent City of Souvenirs to reach the tender. Once there, we were greeted by the amazing staff of Blue Lagoon Island (Say "HI" to first mate Pete- he's the best). Blue Lagoon Island is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen! We spent the morning with PJ and Bonnie (two of the many friendly sea lions) and the afternoon on the beach. We took the 2:00pm tender back to the ship. SWe couldn't do much shopping in Nassau due to the torrents of rain that had started while on the return tender - but my son and I had another amazing time in Nassau!

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews