Norwegian Gem 5

Cruise review of Norwegian Gem

CPitkin
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

This was my husbands and my second cruise and we loved it! Staff fas amazing and I wanted to take Sinan our cruise director home with us he was so funny. The food in the Garden Cafe was very good, and even though it was mostly the same every day there was enough varity to keep it interesting. The food in the main dining rooms ranged from awsome to ok. We both LOVED the sushi resturaunt.

The shows were amazing as well. The Man From Mars and Second City blew us away, and the evening lounge shows were always funny.

Our room was small but comfortable. Our room attendant was very nice, always remembered our names and kept the room imaculate.

We spend alot of time on the deck reading. They had tons of chairs and there was always a place to relax. The bar staff was always close by but not pushy.

The drinks in the bar are a little expensive, but then again drinking is an option so if you don't like it don't buy it. I don't blame NCL for charging extra More for the things they did (photos, shops, specialty food), afterall it is a business and everything you NEEDED to have a good time were already included in their very reasonable cruise fees (food, room, entertainment, transportation, etc).

I would cruise with NCL again and would recomend my family and friends do the same. :) Less

Norwegian Gem Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Porthole Window

OG4520
Great layout for the bathroom. Small but comfortable cabin. Very clean.

Bermuda is amazing. The beaches, while sometimes a little crowded due to the number of ships in port, are just like what you see in pictures and movies. You can see the whole island in a few days, we travled by bus and boat although moped rentals looked like fun. My only complaint were that the shops all close by 6pm every day, but what can you do? :) Everyone is very friendly and there is plenty to do no matter what your interests.

Published 09/29/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review

Norwegian Gem Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?