Disney Dream Cruise Review by chucknstuff

Cabin Category: T
Cabin Number: 12020
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
The Honeymoon we never had (18 years in the making)
The Disney Dream was - a Dream...

The ship was great, clean and HUGE. 4 day cruise is not long enough to take in this ginormous ship. The room was wonderful and we were happy with the service we received. The Concierge Team was Awesome..they made sure that we were treated like newlyweds and went above and beyond. Upon our arrival to the ship we went right up to deck 12 and to the concierge lounge. This was a very open and comfortable area to meet and gather during the entire cruise-more on this later. Julia (concierge) was the first person we met in the lounge and she was busy with other guests and directed us to the beverages and deserts that were prepared for all the guests. My wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere and just found a corner in the room and sat down with our White Russian and Screwdriver drinks. Julia had finished with her guests and made her way over to us and began our journey...she wanted to make sure that all our arrangements were accurate and that if we needed anything. We noticed that it appeared our Palo reservation was put on the wrong dinner night and we needed to change it; she picked up her phone and 1 minute later it was fixed. She took us to the room and gave us a tour. Who knew that the tv was behind the bathroom mirror, my wife loved that part. She asked us about our marriage of 18 years and why this would be the honeymoon we never had. We explained that right after our wedding I called in to deploy...talk about timing. She was upset that it happened that way and said for us not to worry...This will be our Honeymoon.

Wife and I walk the boat a little and hit Cabana's for a quick lunch - do not be fooled this is not a buffet but a multiple food station. Here you go get what you want from the various stations. we sat down and enjoyed our lunch. We proceeded to our mustering station for the Drill and headed back up to the room to relax until dinner time. The Concierge Lounge served cocktails and snacks an hour before each meal service, all Top Shelf alcohol. We ate dinner at Animators Palate - the room was great especially when the magic happens...All the kids in the room went bonkers. After dinner we returned to the room and to the wife's and my surprise, there were rose petals all over the bed. And of course when asked if I had anything to do with it I told her the truth - Yes (ok I lied but any husband would),Seriously I told her no. That next morning we were asked if we enjoyed our evening and our surprise (no comment trying to keep this PG).

Day 2 was great as well, I pre purchased Spa Passes for the day. Wife and I decided that since we have been to the Bahamas in the past, we would have a Spa Day. This was also our night at the Enchanted Garden, be We opted out and ate at Palo's. If you ever have the opportunity to get into Palo's - DO IT!! you have to pay a $25 premium per person, but it is worth it. The views are to die for, and so is the food.

Day 3 was ok - Rained for most of the day (till about 1pm) we took in the Lion King 3D in the Theater then went up and ate lunch, then watched The Help (great movie especially if you love pie). Then it was time to wake up from our Dream and realize the end is near so we had to get things packed up. Dinner was at Royal Palace - don't miss out on this restaurant, you will enjoy the room and the surprise guest of the evening. Who knew that Cinderella's coach was made out of bread and not a pumpkin????

SHOWS (in order of favorite to least favorite)

Golden Mickey's

Believe

Villan's Tonight (skip it)

TV info..All shows are available on your tv on Demand feature at no extra cost. So if you cannot sse the show live, you can watch a previously taped version.

Day 4 SAD - we had to leave it all behind and return to reality....

Publication Date: 09/29/11
Read the Bahamas ports review by chucknstuff
More Disney Dream Cruise Reviews